Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Imagine the stink if the umpires had given that out.

:lolol:

Was out if his ground by the look of it, his toes were over the crease.

Jesus it wasn't long ago a batsman was given out as his bat bounced up at the exact moment of impact of ball to stumps even though it was a foot over.

India will still smash us though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure of the exact wording of the rule but he certainly stopped the ball hitting the wicket and him being run out.

He didn't move to stop it though - the wording is that he has to "willfully' stop the ball from hitting. I'm surprised the umpires even considered it TBH. If a bowler did that in a club match and appealed, most captains would tell him to stop being a dickhead

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He didn't move to stop it though - the wording is that he has to "willfully' stop the ball from hitting. I'm surprised the umpires even considered it TBH. If a bowler did that in a club match and appealed, most captains would tell him to stop being a dickhead

So not out is correct as you wouldnt expect him to move to let the ball hit the stumps unless he had made his ground.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was out if his ground by the look of it, his toes were over the crease.

Jesus it wasn't long ago a batsman was given out as his bat bounced up at the exact moment of impact of ball to stumps even though it was a foot over.

India will still smash us though.

Happened to Eoin Morgan in a T20 v Australia a few years back. The rule wasn't changed and then Chris Jordan did it, just, in the World Cup.

I'm sure the rule still stands. OK if your feet have grounded over the line, I think. Isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here