Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two birds, one eating the other?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What do I have in my garden?

DSC01695 (1280x851).jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Larger birds kill, and eat smaller birds. Magpies, Jays and black headed gulls do this on a daily basis.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We have Sparrow hawks around here. You often see something wiz through the garden at head height and then think......... that was probably a sparrow hawk:mad:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Sparrowhawk. This is the bird they used to keep other birds out of the Great Exhibition hall (at the suggestion of the Duke of Wellington). Pigeons, sparrows, etc. had been crapping on the exhibits, so sparrowhawks were the answer. I know they crap as well, but as there were only two of them, it was a lot less mess than before.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
A wall that needs re rendering and painting.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You need to rake up your leaves (and feathers).

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's a female Sparrowhawk.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
FFS, when you said two birds one eating the other I was expecting something a little more fruity. Or is that what we've got to look forward to now under the Digital Economy Bill?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sparrowhawks regularly take birds in our Garden and they are obviously strong (as well as hard) little buggers.

I disturbed one that had just killed a mature Blackbird one morning.

It gave me the most disdainful look, grabbed the corpse with one claw and slowly flapped off to have it's breakfast elsewhere. :ohmy:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely those above alluding to 'girl on girl' shenanigans are missing the (presumably) intentional double entendre in the thread title? ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here