Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Lottery

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read that anybody aged 55+ stood more chance of dying before the draw than winning but I still do my birthdays each week. Checking this weeks results left me bewildered as to how they calculate the prize fund. Ie. 1 jackpot winner £10394,608 for 5 numbers plus 1 it was £21024 spending 84k, 5 numbers £885 each total 88k, 4 numbers £85 each 570k and 3 numbers £25 each £3.3m. Why the great difference between 6 and 5 + 1 and 4 numbers. How is it calculated!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
10 pages

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
lott.JPG

:moo:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Wasn't there also one about statistically, if you buy your ticket on Monday you are more likely to be deceased by Saturday than win the biggie?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I see that a £1 million prize went unclaimed this week from 6 months ago

I just hope the person that the ticket belongs to never gets to know that prize was within their grasp.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure if it's up to date, but other Google links may provide more info.

http://lottery.merseyworld.com/Info/Prizes.html

That's the calculation breaks down, as to why... I guess that's because big jackpots = big interest / ticket sales. I mean who buys a ticket and checks what the four-ball prize is?

I think most people just look to see if they have won whether it be the hoped for jackpot or a minor prize. The one that really stood out was the difference between 6 numbers and 5 +1, I would have expected the latter to have exceeded £1m possibly even £2m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here