Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bagels

After 48 years on this planet I have just eaten my first ever Bagel, always called them poncy crap.

Fantastic it was, filled with crispy streaky bacon and scrambled eggs.

Anyone else eaten something for the first time and wondered why you never bothered before?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Smoked raw Salmon,black pepper and cream cheese......had my first recently too.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bagel Burgers recipe from {The Best Blog Recipe} 1.jpg

Good plan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dates.

Having grown up with shite 'Eat Me' dates in the household, at this time of year, I always assumed all dates were disgusting.

It turns out Californian Medjool dates are a scrumptious ball of gooey delight.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember on a particularly drunken night out in London finding it absolutely hilarious that I had a bacon bagel from one of the myriad of bagel shops in Brick Lane.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
i LOVE bagels and bagelman on bond street are the best I've had anywhere. Chicken, Bacon, Brie and cranberry melted with Lettuce and a twist of black pepper on onion bagel. I invented that and when I come to England its top of my list of things to eat

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So, a burger in all but name????

But.................can your peanut butter create a "chocolate spread half and half doughnut type bagel"

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I remember on a particularly drunken night out in London finding it absolutely hilarious that I had a bacon bagel from one of the myriad of bagel shops in Brick Lane.

Myriad ? There only one.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was a mates stag weekend and about 7 or 8 years ago, so in mitigation of my use of the word myriad, I was very pissed, and maybe there were more back then :lolol:

I hope you went for a couple of [MENTION=28459]Prince Monolulu[/MENTION] specials to soak up the ales

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ham and cheddar slaw from Bagel man. The best thing ever stuck between two buns.

To answer the question, I resisted haloumi for ages then for even longer because it has been claimed by vegetarian show wearing hedgemonkeys as their flagship cheese. I was in Artisan in Shoreham-by-Sea and tried some there. You know, I love it.
Artisan, despite the name is rather a good place for healthy, fresh food and it does a bloody good trad fry-up too. The problem with the place, esp on a weekday after morning school run, is that it is teeming with Mothers who refer to their bracket as a "sacred flower" with children in papooses. Their children run free. Loudly. But in summer you can pop out to the rather nice garden and get away from the dickheads.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ham and cheddar slaw from Bagel man. The best thing ever stuck between two buns.

To answer the question, I resisted haloumi for ages then for even longer because it has been claimed by vegetarian show wearing hedgemonkeys as their flagship cheese. I was in Artisan in Shoreham-by-Sea and tried some there. You know, I love it.
Artisan, despite the name is rather a good place for healthy, fresh food and it does a bloody good trad fry-up too. The problem with the place, esp on a weekday after morning school run, is that it is teeming with Mothers who refer to their bracket as a "sacred flower" with children in papooses. Their children run free. Loudly. But in summer you can pop out to the rather nice garden and get away from the dickheads.

:lolol: crowds you don't do.me neither,you painted the picture perfectly. and i have never been.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:lolol: crowds you don't do.me neither,you painted the picture perfectly. and i have never been.

It's a shame, it really does do great food, the staff are really nice folks it's just some of the patrons! Oh, except for one member of staff, a middle aged women who is clearly permanently on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Slightly quivery, never looks anyone in the eye, funny to watch and try and guess who's face she's gonna throw a scalding hot cup of ginger tea into first, mine or her own.
Better to head round the corner to Hectpr's Shed. Friendly, good food. They do a kind of supercharged Ploughmans with 3 different cheeses, good chunky salad, coleslaw, pickles and chutneys, decent bread, hmmm. All washed down with a big mug of tea. You cannot whack it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here