Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Reynolds cringe worthy?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
rich-l229-2285456_478x359.jpg

It just makes me cringe. So does Richie Reynolds to be honest but I'll leave that for another thread & same day!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Touch of regional DJ about him but he's ok.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think he does a great job and this is plain to see on the very rare occasions that someone else gets the gig!
This. Often the way with jobs that aren't easy... "Let someone else have a go and see what happens...."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No problem from me either, he is not shouty and is as good as we are likely to get.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Must say he used to wind me up a touch but each to their own, live and let live. Nowadays I stay a little later on the concourse for one more small ale. :drink:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
He does a good job. I've got used to him on match day, when someone else has a go it seems odd. I don't find him cringe worthy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah maybe a distance relation to Jack the Lad, but I guess that's the nature of the beast when you have a microphone and a captive audience.

If I ever did it, I'd instantly get the nickname Tommy Tourettes and the club would still be fielding complains now, so I'm hardly in a position to complain.

All things considered Ritchie's pretty good.

el punal

His stand out moment, and in very difficult circumstances, was presenting the pre-match tribute to those who lost their lives in the Shoreham air show tragedy. He, the club, and all those involved should feel proud for producing such an emotional and perfectly judged programme in appreciation of those that died, their families and friends and the services that took part on that awful day.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He does a very good job. He also got the Rivervale 'showroom opening' gig on Friday night which gave the the opportunity to compare and contrast with two unknown breakfast show dj's. Bloke and a girl who the Rivervale guys obviously found hilarious, but by God, did they lower the tone. Rough and common doesn't begin to cover it! Full of *#it yes, but funny no. Very odd choice for their slightly bewildered audience but showed Ritchie Reynolds to be an excellent choice for our club. Knows his football, his audience and his club and handles young and old well.

jjtbha

Oct 12, 2013
Think he does a good job and is a really nice guy always chatty to me when I speak to him,and will.never forget the Leeds away game that was streamed into one of the lounges and when we scored him celebrating and grabbing hold of me jumping up and down

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah maybe a distance relation to Jack the Lad, but I guess that's the nature of the beast when you have a microphone and a captive audience.

If I ever did it, I'd instantly get the nickname Tommy Tourettes and the club would still be fielding complains now, so I'm hardly in a position to complain.

All things considered Ritchie's pretty good.

Jack the Lad - yes, I think that was the bloke at Rivervale! Never heard of him before, hope I never see or hear him and his girl with the fat knee again! I hope they never darken the doors of the Amex.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I agree with the consensus that he does a good job. My only (mild) criticism is the speed with which he reads out the away team sheet. It's impossible to decipher the player names so why bother ?
No other complaints though and anyone who does a job that is critiqued on an Internet forum deserves
some respect !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here