Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last 2 games

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Our last 2 games 4 points gained when we probably didn't deserve any.

Should we be happy that this team has the ability to
Get results without playing well or should we
be concerned that we have played poorly again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't agree less that we didn't deserve any. We played against GOOD teams who stopped our natural game. We then fought our way back into both games. 4 very hard earned points that give me more faith in this side than an easy 2-0 against someone like Rotherham.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think Villa was a team that since Bruce has taken over were unbeaten,so always a tough ask and today Fulham and their defensive signings have made them a lot better,we have had two tough opponents,for me especially after today the positives are there to be taken and they include another game unbeaten,3 points and Newcastle slipping up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't agree. Albion worked hard to get back in the game against Villa and defended like trojans (?) to gain the point. Actually unlucky not to nick it at the end, but a point was a fair result and hard earned. Fulham was a deserved win. Unsure of the extent to which Stockdale might have been impeded for the first, if at all, but he put in a man of the match performance afterwards. Two great goals in a resurgent second half from two in form forwards and the resilience of a team that wants to win every game and did so today. In my view, 4 points really was about right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Couldn't agree less that we didn't deserve any. We played against GOOD teams who stopped our natural game. We then fought our way back into both games. 4 very hard earned points that give me more faith in this side than an easy 2-0 against someone like Rotherham.

Glad you said it. I think we deserved a draw v villa and at least a draw today. They were tough games but we made hole advantage count - great signs.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Exactly what we need to do to go up automatically. We are playing no were near like we were at the back end of last season (apart from Bristol away), and yet we are in a great position.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we win our next 2 games...

...'we are top of the league'.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Should we not sometimes admit that the opposition were actually quite good?

I quite agree.I thought Fulham were very good
Probably the best team we have played so far
this season.
My worry is that with the championship being so
Competitive & any team being able to beat any other on any given day has a formula been created as to how to play against us at the Amex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Our last 2 games 4 points gained when we probably didn't deserve any.

Should we be happy that this team has the ability to
Get results without playing well or should we
be concerned that we have played poorly again.

Burnley did this most of last season and look where it got them... for me a win is a win is a win, to play great football and win is a bonus to not play well and win is an even bigger bonus, far to often in the past we have played well and lost
I think this squad have gained from last seasons near miss and its made them even more determined

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Fulham were excellent and played the pressing game really well - even in an even second half, they continued to look for goals. Quite honestly, the reason they lost is that they weren't 3-0 up after the first half. If they'd had Murray and Baldock playing for them in the first half, they probably would have been!

Overall, the game showed the value of taking your chances, minimising small mistakes, oh AND NOT TIMEWASTING FROM THE 50TH MINUTE.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A lot of teams are playing a pressing game against us to stop us playing from the back so we need a plan B I also feel after the international break we seem a bit sluggish but winning games when you are not at your best is a good sign as we have played much better in the past and lost.
Enjoy the season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I quite agree.I thought Fulham were very good
Probably the best team we have played so far
this season.
My worry is that with the championship being so
Competitive & any team being able to beat any other on any given day has a formula been created as to how to play against us at the Amex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd give up on the poetry if I were you.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think the teams that get automatic promotion will have a lot less points than in recent seasons.
There are several good sides emerging that have had slow starts that will be taking points off each other.
We just need to keep grinding out the results just like Burnley last year.

el punal

Still haven't played anywhere near our best yet

Really? I give you Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2-1 and Norwich City (H) 5-0, for starters. What celestial plane of magnificence are you looking for?

Having said that, when we have been playing below par (yesterday's performance a perfect example) we have the strength of character to overcome our frailties and get a result. As has been pointed out on other posts, we have collected 4 points from 6 in our last 2 games when we would not argue if we had got a big, fat "0".

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A lot of teams are playing a pressing game against us to stop us playing from the back so we need a plan B

We have one, it's Stockdale hoofing the ball up the middle or kicking flat to the wingers and in addition both Dunk and Duffy hitting long cross field diagonals and lofted but low trajectory through balls.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There are so many clubs in this league who are equally strong with their squad. There could be arguments for 10 or so being able to make the playoffs. Luckily for us they will all play against each other and take points off each other, all we need to do is average 2 points per game against them and we will finish above them.

Providing we continue to concede so few goals we will make top 2

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A lot of teams are playing a pressing game against us to stop us playing from the back so we need a plan B.

We do have a plan B, when we cannot pass our way forward in beautiful flowing moves we resort to playing the ball to wingers and crossing. Both Murphy and Skalak can provide a decent cross

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here