Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray goal offside?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just seen the highlights and listening to the radio earlier, it did look that way.

Not that I'm complaining, but it would be interesting to see the goal from the angle that the linesman saw it.

NSC phones may have viewed it from the stands, but I doubt it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton reckons he wasn't. after watching replays of it

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
There certainly weren't any complaints from Fulham. Great comical defending from their number 4 who was marking Murray and decided to step up for offside without realising the other centre back hadn't bothered, leaving Murray in acres of space.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looked onside to me, absolutely shocking defending though - whether they thought he was offside or not (there was a raised arm from one of them), the cardinal rule is that you play to the whistle.

As they said on C5, Murray probably couldn't believe his luck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nope. One of their defenders was static, on (I think) Murphy's shoulder, playing Murray onside (that's how it looked live anyway)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Warren Aspinall on the radio thought he was miles offside. So I was cheering at the time with a guilty conscience.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Studied it and convinced it was ok. But would like to think it wasn't, because after last season we need to receive more than a shed load of luck, just to get square! :smile:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I couldn't tell from my view in the south west corner. But even from the replays, I think he's being played onside by the defender on Murphy. It must be marginal either way. Warren Aspinall needs to go to Specsavers if he deemed him to be miles offside.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here