Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I do believe..........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That is the first league match this season we have come from behind to win.

:albion2::bhasign::clap2::rave::clap::banana:punk::ascarf::albion:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm really happy not about the win, but the manner of the win.

As much as the free flowing, almost nonchalant, brushing aside the opposition is a joy to watch.

It's so heartening to see the team roll up their sleeves and properly battle for 3 points.
The knew they were poor, we now know at half time they were told how poor they were, and by christ, to a man they put it right.
Not by thinking they could just rise above Fulham, but beating them by getting down and dirty, in the trenches with them.

Superb.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
When you're very good you don't tend to go behind very often.

Subsequently when you do,you have the ability to turn it around to win,especially after a few scares...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm really happy not about the win, but the manner of the win.

As much as the free flowing, almost nonchalant, brushing aside the opposition is a joy to watch.

It's so heartening to see the team roll up their sleeves and properly battle for 3 points.
The knew they were poor, we now know at half time they were told how poor they were, and by christ, to a man they put it right.
Not by thinking they could just rise above Fulham, but beating them by getting down and dirty, in the trenches with them.

Superb.

Interesting to hear Murray interviewed afterwards. When he was asked if CH had given them a rocket, he basically said he didn't need to, the players did it themselves. Very good sign. We'd have lost this game last year.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We'd have lost this game last year.

:lolol: just a chuckle to myself.....is this line is getting a bit old now? we could/should be saying 2 years ago?

Otherwise i think you highlight an important point about success.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Interesting to hear Murray interviewed afterwards. When he was asked if CH had given them a rocket, he basically said he didn't need to, the players did it themselves. Very good sign. We'd have lost this game last year.

We only lost 5 games last season. We might have drawn it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sidwell went to war in the second half.

Such an improved player is our Siddy. By and large he was pretty poor last season, and there were times when I thought he was probably finished.

I was worried when Beram Kayal got that long term injury a few months ago, realising that it would probably be Sidwell who would have to replace him, but he has surprised me, by really standing up to the plate.

Still woefully lacking in pace of course, and capable of the odd gaffe, but overall, and especially when we are up against it, he is someone you definately want in the trenches with you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Such an improved player is our Siddy. By and large he was pretty poor last season, and there were times when I thought he was probably finished.

I was worried when Beram Kayal got that long term injury a few months ago, realising that it would probably be Sidwell who would have to replace him, but he has surprised me, by really standing up to the plate.

Still woefully lacking in pace of course, and capable of the odd gaffe, but overall, and especially when we are up against it, he is someone you definately want in the trenches with you.
......and of course, lethal with his left foot from 50 yards!
:thumbsup:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time we won when conceding first was the 3-2 win v Charlton almost a year ago 5.12.15

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I believe this year. Previous years I only hoped

I still hope,that *hope has been strengthened somewhat the fact however is it remains as *hope.

*GWF by character is normally glass half full,allowing for many seasons of hardship following Albion,sprinkled with occasional gems,the forward looking statement contains the word "hope".

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I believe this year. Previous years I only hoped

Me too. Last years draws are wins now. I dont get to watch much right now living here, but I jut messaged @mrdeez that this has to be our year.Forget the playoffs. I was expecting a train smash going into the season. It's not happened yet. just feels like we have hopfully bridged the gap between playoff near certs to expected autos now. The players awards and TB's fan forum at Wolves have made me believe. So hope so hope I'm not jumping the gun. Logging on today and seeing Newcastle and Palace just felt great

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Great day for the Albion. Different team in the second half, screamer from Baldock and Palarse got done at Swansea. Good noise from the NS as well, thought I heard the West stand pipe up a couple of times as well. :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here