Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Storyville BBC4 Sunday 10pm.Forever Pure- Football and Racism in Jerusalem

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So,it's all lies,just a vicious smear by the anti-Semitic BBC?

I don't know how they get away with it

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So,it's all lies,just a vicious smear by the anti-Semitic BBC?

I don't know how they get away with it

I wouldn't say its lies, but its easy to pick holes in a country if you mind is geared that way, as well as providing fodder to attack other Jews.

Can you imagine a thread on here "given we have a muslim player fans may find this programme on Islamic State of interest?"

How does that sit with you?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Given that we have a black player fans may find this documentary on Idi amin interesting?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wouldn't say its lies, but its easy to pick holes in a country if you mind is geared that way, as well as providing fodder to attack other Jews.

Can you imagine a thread on here "given we have a muslim player fans may find this programme on Islamic State of interest?"

How does that sit with you?

I may be wrong, but I understood the point of the thread was that we have an Israeli Jew, and an Israeli Arab in our team, who are good friends,and an Israeli club that is trying to intergrate Muslim players into their club, and the problems they are facing with their less tolerant support.
If the poster had commented on right wing gangs amongst the support of Czech teams, because we have a Czech international, would you have commented on that?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I may be wrong, but I understood the point of the thread was that we have an Israeli Jew, and an Israeli Arab in our team, who are good friends,and an Israeli club that is trying to intergrate Muslim players into their club, and the problems they are facing with their less tolerant support.
If the poster had commented on right wing gangs amongst the support of Czech teams, because we have a Czech international, would you have commented on that?

Probably, I'm not to keen on smearing our team members by making underhand insinuations. Its rotten old identity politics again.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
...is the correct answer.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

you dont understand the point of this thread as that is nothing like the opening post by the OP.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Probably, I'm not to keen on smearing our team members by making underhand insinuations. Its rotten old identity politics again.

Don't be ridiculous. I saw a programme about Britain First about a year ago, there was a thread on here about it. I didn't consider a smear on any of our white English players, but,there again,I'm not looking to stir controversy where none excists

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Don't be ridiculous. I saw a programme about Britain First about a year ago, there was a thread on here about it. I didn't consider a smear on any of our white English players, but,there again,I'm not looking to stir controversy where none excists

Did the thread directly reference and try to associate Britain first with any of our white English players?

I'm willing to accept the OP may have used clumsy phrases. You wont even go there? Why?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I rather think it's you who is making "underhand insinuations" regarding the motivations of my post. As for your logic regarding your Idi Amin comparison it's a totally ridiculous analogy. The fact that you only mentioned Hemed in your original response betrays an ignorance on your part of the cultural background of a prominent member of our squad and the significance of his relationship and friendship with Hemed.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Did the thread directly reference and try to associate Britain first with any of our white English players?

I'm willing to accept the OP may have used clumsy phrases. You wont even go there? Why?

I won't go there because there is nothing wrong. The said programme is about the racism/ religious bigotry of the hardcore support of the Israeli club. The fact we have a devout Jew and a devout Moslem in our team at the same time,who are good friends,and the juxtaposition of the Israeli support may be of interest to some of our support. If you think either the post is wrong or the programme, do what I do with the majority of television, and comments on here, ignore it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
" I rather think it's you who is making "underhand insinuations" regarding the motivations of my postI"

Quite the opposite, my crime if it is such would be taking it at face value and not reading into it that you meant both players as you may expect Brighton fans to think. Hence it is sloppy wording. Or lazy wording on a controversial issue, or trolling.

As for your logic regarding your Idi Amin comparison it's a totally ridiculous analogy..

Because?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Maybe you should amend your opening post then so you dont look like a 1488er?

My opening post doesn't need amending but I welcome your suggestions on how it should be worded in order to avoid causing offence to those who may be that way inclined. I've also just noticed your "trolling" accusation. Very ironic.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
" I rather think it's you who is making "underhand insinuations" regarding the motivations of my postI"

Quite the opposite, my crime if it is such would be taking it at face value and not reading into it that you meant both players as you may expect Brighton fans to think. Hence it is sloppy wording. Or lazy wording on a controversial issue, or trolling.

Both Hemed and Kayal are Israeli, both are Israeli internationals,the poster used the word 'Israeli ' in his first post and thread title,you were the first one to bring the word Jew into the thread

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
On December 4th according to TV guide
Sorry about any confusion caused but only just realised we inadvertantly bought a tv guide for next week instead of this week. Went all weekend without realising. I don't know why it was on sale so early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here