Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black arm bands for Rohan Ince

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I just caught the end of Hughton's interview on the radio and CH said it was player instigated to show solidarity with Rohan. Without being too intrusive, what's the story there?

Great to hear that the players are that tight as a unit that they are always looking out for each other.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On Player they said one of his parents had sadly passed away in the last week.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On Player they said one of his parents had sadly passed away in the last week.

Blimey. That's sad news. Hughton did say that Ince was a quieter and more private kind of person than Knockaert but the players wanted to show that they were thinking of him.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Rohan

You're unlikely to read this, but I if you do, very many of us understand your loss and I'm raising a glass to you and your dad.

UTA

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very sad.

But please no one suggest a minute's applause or that we make up a song for him based on the National Anthem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rohan is going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment, with his court case due in the new year, for an alleged assault on a bouncer, and now losing his Dad. It's good his team mates are helping him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Very sad.

But please no one suggest a minute's applause or that we make up a song for him based on the National Anthem.

did make it clear that Rohan is a private kind of guy and that this was something organised by they players themselves to show that they are there for him. I think he was making the point that there needn't be any further public outpourings of grief. Smart man.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am glad that they kept it as a private thing between teamates as I think the public minutes silence is becoming too common and losing its effect and to an extent its meaning.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Knockaert gets the full cringeworthy treatment as we don't want to lose him, but Ince ? No let's keep it quiet as that's how he wants it and fans not bothered about him leaving anyway. Where's the photos of players with family, the shirt being raised with his name on ?

The football fans today are pathetic.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Where's the photos of players with family, the shirt being raised with his name on ?

The football fans today are pathetic.

Both of those things were done by the players, nothing to do with the fans.

Perhaps Ince asked them not to do that in this situation, as is his right, and is choosing to deal with his grief differently than Knockaert did?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here