Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another travel thread - this time about buses!

Pondering options today due to rail uncertainty, although my bet is that all trains will run, be formed of "Pullman" cars and have an at seat service of Harvey's best.

...But in the real world pondering the Mithras House option which begs the question what are the "normal" bus services like on match days 29/29A I think that run every 10' or so an I think go past Mithras? Are these rammed Brighton Bound?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The trains will be 'fine' today, just need to allow extra contingency.

The next 'Match of Rail Despair' will be Leeds on Friday 9th. It will be utter chaos.

The 28s and 29s that go to Lewes are limited stop buses and don't actually stop at Mithras House. You need the 23 or 25, which will drop you at the Sussex University Sports Centre stop, where you walk through the subway and over the railway footbridge to get to the stadium.

When I travel from Lewes Road, it's my preferred way of getting to the game, because you avoid the queue of traffic climbing the slip road towards Falmer village.

But the buses can get crowded.

The 28s and 29s that go to Lewes are limited stop buses and don't actually stop at Mithras House. You need the 23 or 25, which will drop you at the Sussex University Sports Centre stop, where you walk through the subway and over the railway footbridge to get to the stadium.

When I travel from Lewes Road, it's my preferred way of getting to the game, because you avoid the queue of traffic climbing the slip road towards Falmer village.

Going Mithras House way do the buses stop outside the stadium on the A26 please. I never thought that a Lord would be seen on a bus :)

Going Mithras House way do the buses stop outside the stadium on the A26 please. I never thought that a Lord would be seen on a bus :)

No they don't. They turn off the main road and go via the bus stops at the entrance to Stanmer Park and on the Sussex University campus. The best advice to a newcomer to the 23 or 25 is to get off at the stop where the main group of Albion supporters get off. Ignore the students, because these buses go to the very far end of the campus, where the halls of residence are located and take ages before they eventually end up on the stadium side of the road.

I was once on a bus with Prince Andrew, btw ... so don't judge bus passengers until you've got out more.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No they don't. They turn off the main road and go via the bus stops at the entrance to Stanmer Park and on the Sussex University campus. The best advice to a newcomer to the 23 or 25 is to get off at the stop where the main group of Albion supporters get off. Ignore the students, because these buses go to the very far end of the campus, where the halls of residence are located and take ages before they eventually end up on the stadium side of the road.

I was once on a bus with Prince Andrew, btw ... so don't judge bus passengers until you've got out more.

For anybody that may like the bus to take the strain due to health issues, the 23/25 does the University loop but drops you right opposite the South Stand and is best for East stand access or next stop gives you downhill access to the West/North stands.

The loop adds around 15 minutes to the journey so cater for that in any timing issues!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I do Mithrus House and the P&R buses. Recently the car park has been getting full earlier and so would say park up by 1:30. The bus journey depends on the driver, some go via the Uni, some take the normal route and some (best way) go up the ramp on the left jumping the queue. Post match I've started having a pint and allowing the queue to go down. Even so I see loads of people still waiting for the 25/28/29 back into town. Remember that the club take some of the P&R buses and use them for emergency use on the train routes when SASTA let them down at the last minute. I expect that they will already have more coaches booked for Friday 9th.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Why get off at the sports centre and have a 10 - 15 minute walk stay on the bus for another 8 mins or so and get off at the stadium away end or Brighton Uni and have a 2 min walk. This works with all buses to Village Way and I do it for every home game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here