Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Night Drinking Thread...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm on the G & Ts. Thought I'd save the beer for tomorrow's match. Bought A litre of Gordon's and doing my best to finish it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chakana Estate Selection Red Blend 2012.

I know those words off by heart. When [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] visited recently, and knowing he likes his wine, I picked up a couple of bottles in the £20-25 range. As it turned out, he also bought a bottle, the Chakana, that he said was about the best £20 bottle of wine out there.

As things turned out, we didn't drink any of them that weekend. I've since had the bottles I bought and, whilst decent enough, I'm not sure I could say they were much better than the usual £8-10 bottles I'd go for. On Tuesday night I opened the Chakana. My word. Very possibly the best wine I've had. I've savoured it - a glass a night and I now have the last one.

I've tried to find the wine to buy online but I can't find it anywhere. I've since red that Roberrt Parker gave it much praise, saying that if it were from Napa or Bordeaux then it would be $200 a bottle. That probably explains the apparent scarcity.

I've found the 2014 for about £18 a bottle and may stock up on some of that.

By about 8:30, when my glass is empty, I shall revert to form. Cider. Or cheap wine. Maybe both.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is nothing wrong with cheap wine :cheers::whisky:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yalumba Organic Shiraz from Waitrose. It has a very specific 14.2% ABV The bottle says it has notes of plums and pepper on the palate and it most certainly does. A decent nose and long finish too. Plus I reckon a bottle and a quarter would get you absolutely shitfaced.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just had my first alcoholic beverage in a couple of years.

A bottle of Timmy Taylor and very nice it was too.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
405362.jpg

Shared a bottle of this with my ribeye....ready for a nap now.

:)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Two pints of Stella in the local, then home to cook a Morbiflette (look it up) which turned out immaculate, consumed with a bottle of vendages tardive Gewürztraminer. Sublime.

Early start, leaving home at 9.10am to get train to Brighty. Enough is enough.

Alright, maybe a couple of cognacs...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A shiraz of some description.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two pints of Stella in the local, then home to cook a Morbiflette (look it up) which turned out immaculate, consumed with a bottle of vendages tardive Gewürztraminer. Sublime.

Early start, leaving home at 9.10am to get train to Brighty. Enough is enough.

Alright, maybe a couple of cognacs...

I did. Onion, bacon, spuds, wine and cheese. What's not to like? Loving your work.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
On about my 4th cup of tea as got to pick youngest lad up from work later. At least I won't have a hangover in the morning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here