Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never GOT Gary Numan :shrug:

86-96 should be worth a watch though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A mate of mine went to a Gary Newman concert the other week, it looked and sounded pretty good on his phone to be fair. Never really liked him but with a big band sound his stuff seems to have evolved, a bit like a cover sounding better than the original. He is certainly not quite as synth as what I remember that's for sure.

Edit:

Actually I'm wrong, he's still shit:

https://youtu.be/522Wm2axmLE

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I went to see R.E.M. Last night , got a photo with the band....................that's me in the corner.

****gets coat****

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just checked this and El Pres has omitted to tell you that before this pop fest and starting at 2100 is the story of Paul Simon's Graceland album which is of much more interest to me and possibly some other older NSCers :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not a fan of his music but I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary. Well worth a watch.

Always a sign of a good documentary. I remember watching the Senna film and I have no interest in F1, but it was a superb piece of work.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just checked this and El Pres has omitted to tell you that before this pop fest and starting at 2100 is the story of Paul Simon's Graceland album which is of much more interest to me and possibly some other older NSCers :thumbsup:

Why older NSC users? Numan had come and gone (as far as major chart success goes anyway) years before the Graceland album came out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This Friday there is the story of UB40 which should be good

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why older NSC users? Numan had come and gone (as far as major chart success goes anyway) years before the Graceland album came out.

Yeah but Paul Simon is proper old school, I can't imagine many Numan fans like Paul Simon, totally different type of music and more likely to be older ( I actually mean old don't I ?) fans that like PS. Maybe I'm wrong but to paraphrase a very bizarre comment made about Paul Simon on another thread, Numan is a one trick pony IMO, maybe that has made me too biased against the dull pale face.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah but Paul Simon is proper old school, I can't imagine many Numan fans like Paul Simon, totally different type of music and more likely to be older ( I actually mean old don't I ?) fans that like PS. Maybe I'm wrong but to paraphrase a very bizarre comment made about Paul Simon on another thread, Numan is a one trick pony IMO, maybe that has made me too biased against the dull pale face.
To be honest, most Gary Numan fans will be getting on a bit now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having just watched the documentary, it's a touching love story. His wife has had to put up with a lot.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Having just watched the documentary, it's a touching love story. His wife has had to put up with a lot.

It was and it seems she has. I found it surprisingly moving and it was good to see their marriage and his music flourishing after so much tribulation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here