Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peregrine Falcon at The Amex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought a handler brings one in once in a while to keep away pigeons and other birds nesting in the stadium?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
cool! I've seen Red Kites and Kestrels between Falmer and Lewes. Will keep an eye out tomorrow ... one on the match ... one on the clock

There are a couple of buzzards hovering over Wild Park and the fields at the back of Coldean - I see them regularly

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Need to cull the vermin birds. Their excrement has literally dyed the stadium from a lush blue to a grim grey. Orrible.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Oh, I did see a bird when you say it was there, but stupid me thought it was just a seagull. Should go to Specsavers!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've seen it in seasons before. Not this season. Where have all the seagulls gone?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are a couple of buzzards hovering over Wild Park and the fields at the back of Coldean - I see them regularly

Anyone know if there are still flocks of wild parakeets in the woods behind Hollingbury Park? Used to always find that pretty amazing.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We had a sparrowhawk in our garden for a while. I was looking out the front window one day and saw it had nabbed a pigeon and was ripping it to bits on the path of the house opposite.
I watched, fascinated, for a couple of minutes then one of the blokes that lived there pulled up in his car; his bod language was hilarious as he walked round his car to see blood, shit and feathers all over his path.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyone know if there are still flocks of wild parakeets in the woods behind Hollingbury Park? Used to always find that pretty amazing.

As a kid I remember them flying over our garden on Surrenden Road loads. I think they all got wiped out in the '87 hurricane, but would be pleased to be told otherwise

Where they descended from the ones that escaped from the filming of 'The African Queen'?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here