Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kippers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How is the best way to cook kippers without leaving a terrible smell in the kitchen. I read that standing them in a jug and adding boiling water works so tried it but I still had the smell lingering for ages.

How is the best way to cook kippers without leaving a terrible smell in the kitchen. I read that standing them in a jug and adding boiling water works so tried it but I still had the smell lingering for ages.

Buy fresh and not the boil in the bag stuff.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You must be honoured to have our former goalkeeper cooking with you :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great goalkeeper for us in his time

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

That's my technique, and it leaves no smell in the house at all... if you stand the jug outside while the kipper heats up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've never tried it myself but allegedly, if you're using bagged ones, put a couple of small knife stab holes in the bag. Lay two slices of lemon on the bag and wrap it tightly in silver foil. Now microwave them for 1 minute - I'm told you definitely won't be left with any kipper smell.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Microwave with a cover over the pan - and wash it up IMMEDIATELY after you have served them (with a poached egg).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
People still eat kippers?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've never tried it myself but allegedly, if you're using bagged ones, put a couple of small knife stab holes in the bag. Lay two slices of lemon on the bag and wrap it tightly in silver foil. Now microwave them for 1 minute - I'm told you definitely won't be left with any kipper smell.

You won't have a microwave left either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here