Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suspensions Thread

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It occurred that there is value in having a depository for all things that relate to Championship suspensions, to avoid repeat questions on 'what rules apply?', 'is Dunk now on 14 bookings?' etc.

Either that or it will help satisfy one of my current Albion obsessions.

To kick off, here's a link to the official FA suspensions site. Data is not updated until after referees' reports are received, which tends to be on Mondays for Saturday fixtures.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

I will add a couple of salient points shortly but do please contribute!

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
After this weekend (well, end November) the threshold for bookings suspensions goes up from 5 to 10.

Knocky is our only player walking the tightrope on Saturday, with 4 bookings.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Scott Parker of Fulham is suspended for Saturday having acquired the last of his 5 bookings shortly after coming on against the Massive last weekend. Take note Andy Naylor, as you reported he was pressing for a starting place.

PG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After this weekend (well, end November) the threshold for bookings suspensions goes up from 5 to 10.

Knocky is our only player walking the tightrope on Saturday, with 4 bookings.

RE threshold, that's a good way of putting it, as booking points don't get nullified post-November but continue, and it's the introduction of a new threshold. I think it's the case that if you get ten booking points (before March?) you get a two -- rather than one -- game ban.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
RE threshold, that's a good way of putting it, as booking points don't get nullified post-November but continue, and it's the introduction of a new threshold. I think it's the case that if you get ten booking points (before March?) you get a two -- rather than one -- game ban.

CAUTIONS CUT OFF DATES (Inclusive)
5 (Premier League) 31 December
5 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 30 November
10 (Premier League) 2nd Sunday in April
10 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 2nd Sunday in March
15 End of Season

Yes, it is a 2 game ban for 10 cautions.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lee Peltier of Cardiff was sent off for 2 yellows and misses the game against us next Saturday.

Knocky avoided a yellow so survives the 5Y deadline.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As most are aware, Bong is suspended for the Leeds game. Leeds have no suspensions.

Dunk is now up to 8 cautions. He must avoid 2 more before the 2nd Sunday in March (12th).

PG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Barring injury, it seems highly unlikely Dunk won't miss that ten caution point, the bigger question is whether he'll make it up to 15 for the season.
Bong must be creeping up that list too, and given the number of opportunities he's provided referees to give him a further caution, it's surprising yet encouraging that Knockaert has hurdled the first cut-off date.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've always thought they look a bit common, but maybe that's just me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barring injury, it seems highly unlikely Dunk won't miss that ten caution point, the bigger question is whether he'll make it up to 15 for the season.
Bong must be creeping up that list too, and given the number of opportunities he's provided referees to give him a further caution, it's surprising yet encouraging that Knockaert has hurdled the first cut-off date.

Bong is only 'on' five. The suspension for the two in one game is served this week, and those don't go onto the running total.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bong is only 'on' five. The suspension for the two in one game is served this week, and those don't go onto the running total.

I was under the impression that the one-game suspension for the red card only covers the second yellow, and the first was added on to his roster, meaning that he's now on six.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dunk 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban.

Maybe 1 of those 2 games could be MKDons in the cup...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Dunk 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban.

Maybe 1 of those 2 games could be MKDons in the cup...
Warren on SCR talked remarkably candidly about Dunk trying to manipulate that situation with a deliberate yellow. Surely he could only contemplate doing that if we were 3-0 up with just a few minutes left...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Warren on SCR talked remarkably candidly about Dunk trying to manipulate that situation with a deliberate yellow. Surely he could only contemplate doing that if we were 3-0 up with just a few minutes left...?

He was doing so based on my tweet they read out ;)

Yeh if he can hold on and get one at Fulham away or Cardiff at home, it would be nice. Common sense should prevail but he's Gotta not get one in the next 2 games ideally. When's the cut off for 15 on that note?!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would like to see Goldson given a game soon to keep him interested. Dunk 1 game ban, no big loss. He may need a little rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here