Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Fulham

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
I think I would stick to the same team, but play Murphy instead of Skalak as I think he had a blinder against Bristol City and was unlucky not to keep his starting place. We had an off day against Villa but credit to them, they executed the game plan very well.

On a side note I hope Knockaert is back to his usual self as seemed understandably slightly out of sorts on Friday. UTA!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Same team for me but maybe Murphy/March on early if we need to and not necessarily for Skalak i.e. they could cover AK or Baldock as well if they are not doing well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would swap in Murph for Jiri... the former was VERY unlucky to be dropped after his Brizzle City performance...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would swap in Murph for Jiri... the former was VERY unlucky to be dropped after his Brizzle City performance...

Assuming you mean Murphy should have kept his place instead of Skalak ..I think the main concern was Adomah and Skalaks perceived defensive qualities ..I'm not sure it worked though

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would have started Murphy over Skalak against Villa because he covers more ground, gets into more positions to receive passes unmarked. Very small margins, But I would choose Murphy again.

Fulham (stats show) have tightened up to a mean defence this season. They have done with great passing accuracy, more possession and greater shots per game than us.

In short, I think they are a better team than Villa.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
I would have started Murphy over Skalak against Villa because he covers more ground, gets into more positions to receive passes unmarked. Very small margins, But I would choose Murphy again.

Fulham (stats show) have tightened up to a mean defence this season. They have done with great passing accuracy, more possession and greater shots per game than us.

Personally i think Fulham are better than the Villa team of a month ago, not sure they are better than the Villa team of Friday now Bruce has got his teeth into them - Guess we will find out Saturday.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016

I would be very surprised if Fulham cause us the same amount of problems as Aston Villa. I think we are in for another tough game but think we can control Fulham more and play our usual game. I think the first goal is vital in the championship, it opens teams up if we go 1 up and alternatively teams adopt almost a back 11 if we go 1 down!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would keep it the same...think Skalak makes more sense starting as I don't really think he has the attributes you want to be an "impact" sub. I also think people still undervalue his contribution from dead ball situations - he crossing against Norwich was phenomenal and created 2 goals.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would be very surprised if Fulham cause us the same amount of problems as Aston Villa. I think we are in for another tough game but think we can control Fulham more and play our usual game. I think the first goal is vital in the championship, it opens teams up if we go 1 up and alternatively teams adopt almost a back 11 if we go 1 down!

I didn't really say that. Bruce teams are spoilers, heavy pressing and prevent our forward passes. Fulham try to play football and are a much better club than Villa and team and better supporters all round and a much more attractive fixture. We will have to play better to get control of this game.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would keep it the same...think Skalak makes more sense starting as I don't really think he has the attributes you want to be an "impact" sub. I also think people still undervalue his contribution from dead ball situations - he crossing against Norwich was phenomenal and created 2 goals.

For the second goal, I don't know why Skalak did not make the easy pass to the unmarked Baldock instead of the difficult one in front of Murray with three players around him? Murphy might have shot and missed and I expect Lualua and March would have done the same? Baldock might have missed as well on receiving a pass.

D

Deleted User X18H

Just coming back from Hughton and Baldock's presser.

It's going to be a great weekend.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
I didn't really say that. Bruce teams are spoilers, heavy pressing and prevent our forward passes. Fulham try to play football and are a much better club than Villa and team and better supporters all round and a much more attractive fixture. We will have to play better to get control of this game.

Disagree - Firstly Villa didn't spoil the game they pressed and if anything looked more likely to get a winner than we did....Villa are a bigger club than Fulham (Fact) and in terms of better (that's opinion) and I am inclined to agree as I love the cottage and think there fans are down to earth.

But to suggest and I quote "in short Fulham are a better team than Villa" I disagree, put it this way if we had to play one of them in a one of fixture to ensure promotion to the premier league say in the play off final you would pick Fulham every day of the week....

D

Deleted User X18H

As a veteran journalist, hopefully you raised the question of snide pieces of work openly mocking fans caught up in last Friday's post-match scenes of carnage at Falmer station?

No. But I did mention Lampard !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here