Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton returns to Burnley

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They deserve each other...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure he'll stamp his mark on the Premier League.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Sean Dyche has confirmed Joey Barton has rejoined Burnley.

Hopefully this will end their interest in Stephens?

I'm unsure why Barton is coming back, might simply be to train rather than to sign. I'm unsure that we need him, though highly unpopular he was very good last season but he was a year younger and it was the Championship. There's a lot going on around him and I sense we got the lucky season out of him in that he didn't get into any trouble.

We've got three CMs, what we are crying out for is some creativity (e.g. another winger). Arfield and Boyd aren't consistent enough. I reckon you'll go up this season so I'd be surprised if Stephens left you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm unsure why Barton is coming back, might simply be to train rather than to sign. I'm unsure that we need him, though highly unpopular he was very good last season but he was a year younger and it was the Championship. There's a lot going on around him and I sense we got the lucky season out of him in that he didn't get into any trouble.

We've got three CMs, what we are crying out for is some creativity (e.g. another winger). Arfield and Boyd aren't consistent enough. I reckon you'll go up this season so I'd be surprised if Stephens left you.

Quite. I think he's past it in the Premier League.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll be popular if we draw Burnley in FACup3 at the Amex.

Blimey - a rat joining a sinking ship. That's a new one.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Apparently just training with them to improve fitness. But I hope this is his final destination

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here