Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Price of the Championship.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-28-40.png

GetWestLondon report on the high and low prices of watching your team in the Championship.
Handy gadget at the bottom of link to select any team and league.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ews/qpr-cost-watching-hoops-compared-12189413

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Factoring in free travel, the season ticket and match ticket prices aren't too bad.. The pies and programme certainly look much better than I've seen at most away games but I very rarely buy either so I can't really judge quality. Tea should cost F all, you're paying £2.50 for a tea bag and a cup..

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
We're getting value we can't complain with in comparison (which is the whole point, isn't it). Ticket prices= top end championship football. Program=high standard compared to others. Tea= I've had better, I've had worse. Pies=Unfortunately the club have me by the tastebuds here and I would happily part with plenty more than they charge. A bargain for me despite being the leagues most expensive.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We're getting value we can't complain with in comparison (which is the whole point, isn't it). Ticket prices= top end championship football. Program=high standard compared to others. Tea= I've had better, I've had worse. Pies=Unfortunately the club have me by the tastebuds here and I would happily part with plenty more than they charge. A bargain for me despite being the leagues most expensive.
Really? I'd love to have one occasionally but can't justify £4 for a small pie!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Big Yin was in town last night. How much was a ticket to see him? My match day experience is roughly £50 all in (ticket, pie & pint), I expect it cost more to see Billy. Point made.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Big Yin was in town last night. How much was a ticket to see him? My match day experience is roughly £50 all in (ticket, pie & pint), I expect it cost more to see Billy. Point made.

Can't comment on the price as it was a present but The Big Yin is not nearly as funny as he used to be ..... making the match day experience even better value ( although I still say all football tickets are over priced ).

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Really? I'd love to have one occasionally but can't justify £4 for a small pie!
Since the Amex opened, I have had a pie at every match, different flavours and filling... although Chicken and Ham is the best..... I have had 1 poor pie in all that time... a veggie option that was just a mush of red peppers.... it wasn't disgusting, just poor..... I really don't get this constant griping about the pies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Factoring in free travel, the season ticket and match ticket prices aren't too bad.. The pies and programme certainly look much better than I've seen at most away games but I very rarely buy either so I can't really judge quality. Tea should cost F all, you're paying £2.50 for a tea bag and a cup..

I think that this is something that is missed in nearly all of these surveys. It is great value in my opinion and I love the Park and ride option. It makes getting down to a match very easy from Reading, I think we also understate just how good the P+R are (I only have experience of Mill Road/Lane)

I took the boy to a reading match recently. It cost £7 to park near the ground and took an hour and a half to be able to get out the car park and down the road toward Reading. We wanted to go the other way but couldn't fight through the traffic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All football is overpriced. It's down to people who sit in the pub or at home watching it on Sky and then go on the forums of the team they 'support' whining about how they don't go because it's overpriced :facepalm:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think that this is something that is missed in nearly all of these surveys. It is great value in my opinion and I love the Park and ride option. It makes getting down to a match very easy from Reading, I think we also understate just how good the P+R are (I only have experience of Mill Road/Lane)

I took the boy to a reading match recently. It cost £7 to park near the ground and took an hour and a half to be able to get out the car park and down the road toward Reading. We wanted to go the other way but couldn't fight through the traffic.

You beat me by half hour, went to a Reading game earlier in season, with a couple of mates from there, they were home before I left car park!!
Took me own grub.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Since the Amex opened, I have had a pie at every match, different flavours and filling... although Chicken and Ham is the best..... I have had 1 poor pie in all that time... a veggie option that was just a mush of red peppers.... it wasn't disgusting, just poor..... I really don't get this constant griping about the pies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I do not gripe about the pies but do not think that they represent good value for money so it is simple I do not buy one and the same with the program, that is the choice we have.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

A good point here, at how many grounds are there extra charges for parking nearby? A really interesting survey would be one that took into account all the costs of watching a match, not just the amount payable to the club.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
All football is overpriced. It's down to people who sit in the pub or at home watching it on Sky and then go on the forums of the team they 'support' whining about how they don't go because it's overpriced :facepalm:

There's a difference between not going because it's overpriced and not going because you can't afford it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I do not gripe about the pies but do not think that they represent good value for money so it is simple I do not buy one and the same with the program, that is the choice we have.

He says, griping about the pies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here