Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women's Pro Boxing on Sky. A step too far?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Eddie Hearn salivating on Sky Sports news about pro debut of Katie Taylor.

I don't consider myself sexist but I won't be watching, I didn't watch the female bouts in the Olympics, and this just doesn't sit right with me.

Am I in the minority amongst the NSCers who enjoy watching the noble art?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure what you're problem is ?

It's like the opposition to having women serve on the front line - just as long as they are strong and skillful enough what really is the issue ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Katie Taylor pulled in some of the biggest TV audiences of 2012 outside of the Athletics.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If women wish to punch each other then that is their right. Obviously it is your right not to watch it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Zero difference to men boxing. If it was a man boxing a woman, that might be a difference story.

I'm maybe not the best person to speak on it though, as I've got no interest in boxing at all. Don't see the appeal or why there is so much money in it.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Katie Taylor will be a naff pro. I'll quite enjoy watching it TBH. Like UFC.

They'd all best the crap out of me easily

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Eddie Hearn salivating on Sky Sports news about pro debut of Katie Taylor.

I don't consider myself sexist but I won't be watching, I didn't watch the female bouts in the Olympics, and this just doesn't sit right with me.

Am I in the minority amongst the NSCers who enjoy watching the noble art?

Says the GUY who SAT ringside for WOMENS MUD WRESTLING on many an occasion

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If women wish to punch each other then that is their right. Obviously it is your right not to watch it.

The OP didn't say he objected to women's boxing being permitted, merely that he wasn't comfortable watching a pair of the fairer sex battering each other.

I totally agree with him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not sure what you're problem is ?

It's like the opposition to having women serve on the front line - just as long as they are strong and skillful enough what really is the issue ?

That most of them aren't and standards have already been lowered to enable tests to be passed .

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The OP didn't say he objected to women's boxing being permitted, merely that he wasn't comfortable watching a pair of the fairer sex battering each other.

That is entirely his and yours prerogative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Zero difference to men boxing. If it was a man boxing a woman, that might be a difference story.

I'm maybe not the best person to speak on it though, as I've got no interest in boxing at all. Don't see the appeal or why there is so much money in it.

Man boxing a woman YES I would tune into that about bloody time for every married man it's a goer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yeh, pretty much the same for me. If people want to do it/watch it, fine, but just don't expect me to take any interest in it

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Man boxing a woman YES I would tune into that about bloody time for every married man it's a goer

Count this married man out of the woman-bashing, thank you.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You think that's something to joke about?

This is a site that puts the even slightly controversial threads in the other stuff yet leaves madeline McCann jokes on the big board so don't get all holier than though on me.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My dad was up in arms the other day about women commentating on the men's boxing.

"Bloody ridiculous, havin' a woman talking about men's boxing, what has the world come to?"
"Dad, women are allowed to like and be knowledgeable about sport now."

Mum chimed in as well.

"You get the impression they were only hired because they're women"
"No Mum, they get hired because they're the best candidate for the job"

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure my parents never used to be sexist.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here