Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still sneaking under Sky Sports News radar, good thing or insulting?

Thoughts?

• Piss take!

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Long may it continue

Votes: 75 82.4%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Our very own Steve Sidwell and Danny Murphy in the studio discussing promotion from the Championship. The back drop has Benitez, Monk, Neil and Japp Stam. Discussed in detailed those 4 teams and Villa. We didn't get any coverage at all even though one of our players was there and they made a big point of teams Sidwell has played for in the past. Sidwell did manage to crow bar in a little bit about us scoring a good footballing against Villa when asked about them.

Can't work out if it's great we're still sneaking under the radar despite being there or thereabouts for two seasons now or if it's a bit of an insult to the hard work the club has put in?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
We're the invisibles, and it seems to work for us. Much like our players and manager, we don't have a big ego and feel the need to be the centre of attention. Long may it continue.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It's highly insulting. Missed out by 1 goal last season and clear in second place this season. Play-offs in 3 of the last 4 seasons. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, especially with Sidwell in the studio. Amateur wankers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the media see us as bottlers , and the facts suggest they are correct , thing is , this season we will pop that champagne bottle cork in may and they can all do one .

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
I am sure they do it on purpose just to give them endless articles to write at the end of the season if we go up. "Out of nowhere, Brighton & Hove Albion make it to the promise land" "First time ever in the premier league for BHAFC against ALL odds" "who would've thought it, after nearly crashing out of existence all those years ago, BHAFC are finally in the prem"

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I don't think we're sneaking under the radar, in terms of the bookies, we're quite comfortably second favourites to go up. I think it's just broadcasting. Newcastle, Reading and Norwich have all recently been in PL and Leeds are still perceived to be a big club, I assume Sky just think there's more viewer interest in these teams. If you speak to fans of other clubs they all know we are more than in the hunt for promotion, and I'm sure every manager and player knows we'll up there come the end of the season. The lack of media attention probably just comes down to where the club is at these days.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't think we're sneaking under the radar, in terms of the bookies, we're quite comfortably second favourites to go up. I think it's just broadcasting. Newcastle, Reading and Norwich have all recently been in PL and Leeds are still perceived to be a big club, I assume Sky just think there's more viewer interest in these teams. If you speak to fans of other clubs they all know we are more than in the hunt for promotion, and I'm sure every manager and player knows we'll up there come the end of the season. The lack of media attention probably just comes down to where the club is at these days.

Re the more viewers part, weren't we the top 'draw' last season on the Sky live games?

My own view is it's somewhat disrespectful of Sky not to consider us worthy of coverage, but they have their reasons, and those other clubs have aspects that will appeal to the wider 'non-Championship' supporting viewers.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Our very own Steve Sidwell and Danny Murphy in the studio discussing promotion from the Championship. The back drop has Benitez, Monk, Neil and Japp Stam. Discussed in detailed those 4 teams and Villa. We didn't get any coverage at all even though one of our players was there and they made a big point of teams Sidwell has played for in the past. Sidwell did manage to crow bar in a little bit about us scoring a good footballing against Villa when asked about them.

Can't work out if it's great we're still sneaking under the radar despite being there or thereabouts for two seasons now or if it's a bit of an insult to the hard work the club has put in?

I find it very odd but it is probably a good thing. It is weird that we don't get mentioned when three of the four teams you say they mentioned (plus Villa) are well behind us at this stage. However, the less we are talked about, you could argue the better for us.

What you can be sure about is that we won't be under the radar with our promotion rivals and future opponents, especially with our record over the last 18 months.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
the media see us as bottlers , and the facts suggest they are correct , thing is , this season we will pop that champagne bottle cork in may and they can all do one .

Can see your point..but personally wouldn't count last years failure as 'bottling' it..previous couple of play offs I guess could come under that term

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I don't think Sky are amateurs, they just think it's more important to continue ******* off the likes of Newcastle, Norwich and Villa because they were in The Premier League recently. They will also vigorously fellate Leeds United because they are the greatest in Europe.

I just hope we will be the ones jizzing at the end of the season.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I don't think Sky are amateurs, they just think it's more important to continue ******* off the likes of Newcastle, Norwich and Villa because they were in The Premier League recently. They will also vigorously fellate Leeds United because they are the greatest in Europe.

I just hope we will be the ones jizzing at the end of the season.

What about the BIGGEST club in the UNIVERSE ? Sheffield Wednesday

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can see your point..but personally wouldn't count last years failure as 'bottling' it..previous couple of play offs I guess could come under that term

Agree re your comment about last year. Everything that happened in the last couple of weeks of the season with us just missing out on auto promotion while Wednesday were able to field a back up side for their last game combined with our injury issues means it is very hard to call it bottling unless you have an agenda.

I don't think Derby does either. Ignoring the injuries we had for that match, we finished a long way behind them. Derby were expected to beat us so it wasn't bottling in my mind.

Palace can be described as that but it was mainly Poyet who bottled it rather than the club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sky are doing us a favour by deflecting away attention from us to other clubs. The glare of publicity for clubs like Leeds, Forest, Derby and Wednesday raises expectations and it's no surprise they get through managers like confetti.

The likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Hull, Burnley and Swansea in the past have all benefitted from modest exposure while the "massive" clubs have continued to flounder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here