Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which goal have you most gone batshit crazy when celebrating?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Play-off final? Buckley's goal against Donny? Hereford 97? Storer at the Goldstone? Most recently, mine was Leo's goal at Forest. I lost it completely, was out of breath, struggling to breathe and massive bundles everywhere. That was some goal and a half.

Another one was Gazza's goal against Scotland in '96. I was watching it with mates in the Hare and Hounds, and seeing us go from a pen to Scotland to a goal to us within a minute it seemed like the whole world had just exploded. We spilled out into the streets and even people in cars were celebrating. Them's the moments that make all this football-supporting malarkey worthwhile.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
One I always recall was Jimmy Case's at Highbury '83. As a million others seem to have been, was pretty much in line about halfway up. 'Kin amazing scenes, arms and legs everywhere.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One I always recall was Jimmy Case's at Highbury '83. As a million others seem to have been, was pretty much in line about halfway up. 'Kin amazing scenes, arms and legs everywhere.

This. I ended up many yards away from where I started - totally crazy scenes

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Terry Connor scoring our second goal in three minutes to go 2-0 up against Liverpool in the 1984 FA Cup Fourth Round.

I was in the east terrace and went bananas. Even the usual library crew found their hands and arms making involuntary movements.The ESU Zimmer Crew mainstays, Doris and Alf, had just had their 50th anniversary.

Liverpool, like all the other teams in those days, respected the FA Cup. Ten of the eleven that started that year's European Cup Final were in the starting line up- the other on the bench.

Shocks were shocks in those days.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wilkins free kick against Ipswich
Cullip's header against Chesterfield
Virgo against Swindon in the play offs
McShane at Palace
Buckley's against Donny
Chester's goal against us the day we beat them 7-1 away (ok maybe not batshit crazy but it was the goal we celebrated the most that day)
Leo against Forest, wasn't at the game and watched it in my front room with a non football supporting pal, even he jumped up off the sofa.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Play-off final? Buckley's goal against Donny? Hereford 97? Storer at the Goldstone? Most recently, mine was Leo's goal at Forest. I lost it completely, was out of breath, struggling to breathe and massive bundles everywhere. That was some goal and a half.

Another one was Gazza's goal against Scotland in '96. I was watching it with mates in the Hare and Hounds, and seeing us go from a pen to Scotland to a goal to us within a minute it seemed like the whole world had just exploded. We spilled out into the streets and even people in cars were celebrating. Them's the moments that make all this football-supporting malarkey worthwhile.
I cannot imagine anything beating that ever.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My most batshit moment was actually not even a goal......i lost it when we got the penalty against B City at the Millenium, so much so that i actually nearly missed the penaly itself as i was still celebrating the award of it !

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The Ulloa goal against Forest. Was watching it in the pub and the whole place pretty much exploded. I started pounding the table for some reason and left my hands aching.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The first minute goal v Derby in the League Cup, 1976.

McShane's at Selhurst, my Palace mate admitted that our contingent looked great celebrating. Said it looked impressive.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Non-Brighton game was England v Argentina when Sol Campbell 'scored', went proper mental and couldn't work out what was going on!

EDIT: World Cup 98.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
McShane v Palace for me. I guess I must have celebrated Reinelts goal but that game was just too tense to properly enjoy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here