NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Warsaw went 1-o up.

That'll learn'em.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Haven't watched a champions league game for a few years and going by results and goals it's been most dire....but time it had an exciting game with lots of goals.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Made me think what is the most unusual scoreline you have seen Albion involved in.
Mine is probably 6-4 v Mansfield back in the sixties. I think we led 5-2 at half time.

Also saw a 9-1 and 10-1 in that decade.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Loved the F**k UEFA banner behind one of the goals, although seems like it got removed eventually.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It's not the Albion, but does involve my national team. In 2001 Australia played a World Cup qualifier match against American Samoa. The eventual result would set a world record for the largest winning margin in an international game: 31-0. Archie Thompson also set a record for an individual, scoring 13 times.

That match resulted in changes to the qualifier formats for the Oceania region, and set in motion the eventual moving of Australia from Oceania to Asia.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Brighton 8 - Northwich Victoria 0.

Believe Jake Robinson got a hatrick on that day and again mid week vs Huddersfield??

Made me think what is the most unusual scoreline you have seen Albion involved in.
Mine is probably 6-4 v Mansfield back in the sixties. I think we led 5-2 at half time.
Our reserves had a 8-4 (v Reading, I think) in 1968-9. Can't remember if it was home or away or even if it was a loss or a win!
That match resulted in changes to the qualifier formats for the Oceania region, and set in motion the eventual moving of Australia from Oceania to Asia.
I thought they moved because of the difficulty of the play-off against the 5th-placed nation in the SA qualifying league. This virtually emptied what was already a shell of a confederation, so why FIFA allowed thisto happen is a complete mystery to me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here