Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rob andrew Sussex ceo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strange how things improved so dramatically after his departure from England rugby. I wouldn't get too excited.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
That is a bit of a left field appointment, I assumed Grizzly would have been in the frame..

In related news, fixtures are released at midnight on Thursday, looking forward to seeing who we'll lose to first.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Probably as good a move as when Sir Clive Woodward joined Southampton.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/5302170.stm

Slight difference is that Andrew won't have anything to do with playing matters (although I believe he was a useful cricketer), Woodward did get involved on the playing side

EDIT: Just checked and he had a FC average of 21 with one century

I'm not sure that his record as an administrator is something to get that excited about, but I'll reserve judgment

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Slight difference is that Andrew won't have anything to do with playing matters (although I believe he was a useful cricketer), Woodward did get involved on the playing side

EDIT: Just checked and he had a FC average of 21 with one century

I'm not sure that his record as an administrator is something to get that excited about, but I'll reserve judgment

Not a bad record actually - http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/8741.html

I never knew he played cricket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably as good a move as when Sir Clive Woodward joined Southampton.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/5302170.stm
I still find it odd how that move went so badly.

Sport is many things but rocket science isn't one of them.
Looking at how badly we perceive clubs and the national team to be run, you'd have thought a new pair of, very professional, eyes is exactly what's needed.

Sure Sir Clive Woodward had Martin Johnson as his standard bearer.
Sir Dave Brailsford had Sir Chris Hoy and Sir Bradley Wiggins leading by example.
Rowing's the same, granted that's even more niche than the other two, and I believe swimming will be viaing with gymnastics to be the next big thing.

But that doesn't change the fact the 2 sirs almost single handedly root and branch changed their sports, getting unprecedented success in the process.

It's hard to believe their skills and abilities aren't transferable.

If nothing else it would be interesting to see how much 'power' the suits would be prepared to give up for potential success.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But that doesn't change the fact the 2 sirs almost single handedly root and branch changed their sports, getting unprecedented success in the process.

I wouldn't say Woodward changed rugby root and branch. He won the WC, which was a fine achievement, but he didn't build on it and the England rugby team stumbled for the next decade. If he had transformed it, they'd have kept on winning. And he didn't solve the clash between country and clubs which still rumbles on today.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The cricket FIXTURES are out tomorrow...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Meh,
I'd love to be proved wrong ........
But.....

Whatever

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills