Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Parker

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
Vancouver Whitecaps FC confirmed on Tuesday that centre back Tim Parker will train with English Football League Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. until December 2.

This past season, the 23-year-old Hicksville, New York native started 28 MLS regular season matches, which was tied for third on the ’Caps with Jordan Harvey and behind only Matías Laba and David Ousted.

In addition to MLS play, Parker started three Amway Canadian Championship (ACC) matches, scoring in the second-leg final for the second consecutive year. He also helped the ‘Caps clinch a CONCACAF Champions League (CCL) quarterfinal berth with a perfect 4W-0L-0D record, appearing in three of Vancouver’s four matches.

Parker, who was ranked 18th on the annual MLS 24 under 24 list, has started 56 of 60 appearances in all official competitions for Vancouver during his first two professional seasons.

Earlier this year, Parker received his first two U.S. senior men’s national team call-ups and started the two U.S. U-23 men’s national team matches in their home-and-home Olympic qualifying playoff against Colombia last March.

This is the first offseason training stint abroad for Parker, who will have at least one familiar face in Brighton with Whitecaps FC Homegrown left back Sam Adekugbe there on a season-long loan through June 2017. Brighton are currently second in the Football League Championship, the second-highest division in England, with a 10W-5L-2D record.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think the MLS in the medium to long term Could prove to be particularly fruitful. Good to see us tapping into a market that others seem to be ignoring.

soccer_north

Nov 23, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Makes sense to grow a relationship via this training, as it could reap higher rewards in the future

Vancouver Whitecaps fan here.

I agree. The Vancouver Whitecaps are in the process of aggressively growing their academy system and have recently opened up a new academy in the most population-dense area of Canada.

There are currently 15 Academy Centres that reside in 8 of the 10 provinces in Canada and that number will continue to grow.

Having a relationship with Brighton & Hove Albion FC is an excellent opportunity for our Canadian players to train and grow and hopefully opens the door for Brighton players to come over here.

The sport of football is growing in Canada :thumbsup:

soccer_north

Nov 23, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think the MLS in the medium to long term Could prove to be particularly fruitful. Good to see us tapping into a market that others seem to be ignoring.

A lot of teams in MLS are pouring a lot of money and effort into their academy systems in order to attract players and develop them. I can only see the number of quality players growing as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here