Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could The Club Run It's Own Train Service?

el punal

I know this probably sounds simplistic and far fetched, but could they become an independent train operator for the service between Brighton and Lewes? With all the recent clusterf***s on match days, culminating in the chaos last Friday, surely anything considered would be an improvement on Southern's offerings.

Grasping at straws? Of course, but for those of you "in the know" is it viable or a massive pipe dream?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why hasn't Tony Bloom built a mono rail from the town centre to Falmer and through to Lewes yet? Thought he was MINTED?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why hasn't Tony Bloom built a mono rail from the town centre to Falmer and through to Lewes yet? Thought he was MINTED?
That would be quite fun

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know this probably sounds simplistic and far fetched, but could they become an independent train operator for the service between Brighton and Lewes? With all the recent clusterf***s on match days, culminating in the chaos last Friday, surely anything considered would be an improvement on Southern's offerings.

Grasping at straws? Of course, but for those of you "in the know" is it viable or a massive pipe dream?

#stupididiot

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

What about getting planning permission and doing engineering work to divert the Ouse westward from Lewes down to Falmer, then back out to Newhaven, then implementing a high speed, shuttle, hovercraft service between Shoreham, Falmer, Brighton Marina, Newhaven Harbour and Sovereign Harbour.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'd like to know what you have been smoking in your pipe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wish it could.

And have a Barber Buffet Bar on the train for extra ale on the way to the stadium.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody brilliant thread. Nearly just fell off my chair laughing at the opening post.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Monorail sounds good,with Homer as consultant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here