Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior, one of our own!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ok, technically he's not I know, but I've just been listening to The Albion Roar podcast whilst doing a cheeky 10k on the treadmill, and talk about inspirational.
He really does get us, & like others have said on here, we are so lucky to have him on board.
So much of what he had to say impressed me, but a slightly different angle I took was also what he didn't say about one topic, which impressed me just as much.
He's obviously frustrated at being out through injury, & we all know when that injury happened, how it happened & who did it. He could have easily vented his anger at the thug that crocked him, but all he said was that he plays the game within the rules & wouldn't himself take a player out, because it's happened to him.
Hearing him talk filled me with pride and I only hope I can do as good a job with my lad as Leroy did with him; he's a credit to his family.

Saw him with his family once doing a bit of supermarket shopping. Would have loved to asked him for a snap with my nipper, but don't like to approach players in their off time, especially when with their family.

Anyway, that Liam Rosenior, he's one of our own! :clap::clap::clap:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Agree with all of that Smudge - except the technical bit?

I think he is decent and would pick him right now if he was fit.

Good post though - he is truly a top all round bloke.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Agree with all of that Smudge - except the technical bit?

I think he is decent and would pick him right now if he was fit.

Good post though - he is truly a top all round bloke.

By technically, I meant not from Brighton, or indeed Sussex

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bong was very poor last Friday and has been for the first half of the season. LR would add more consistency and leadership.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Ok, technically he's not I know, but I've just been listening to The Albion Roar podcast whilst doing a cheeky 10k on the treadmill, and talk about inspirational.
He really does get us, & like others have said on here, we are so lucky to have him on board.
So much of what he had to say impressed me, but a slightly different angle I took was also what he didn't say about one topic, which impressed me just as much.
He's obviously frustrated at being out through injury, & we all know when that injury happened, how it happened & who did it. He could have easily vented his anger at the thug that crocked him, but all he said was that he plays the game within the rules & wouldn't himself take a player out, because it's happened to him.
Hearing him talk filled me with pride and I only hope I can do as good a job with my lad as Leroy did with him; he's a credit to his family.

Saw him with his family once doing a bit of supermarket shopping. Would have loved to asked him for a snap with my nipper, but don't like to approach players in their off time, especially when with their family.

He's a top chap, and it was a pleasure to talk with him. I can't say 'interview', because he comes across as a friend you haven't met.

Talking of family, if you go to his Twitter page, there's a picture of him and his family at the Amex. his wife, Erica, must have the most gorgeous 1970s Soul Train afro - ever...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not as good at left back as Bong and it is interesting to note on the interview not once did he mention playing left back although obviously he has but he mentioned Right wing, right midfield and right back but not left back.

I bow to your expert knowledge on left backs BG but that run made by Rosenior against Leeds last year would suggest otherwise. Bong plays well with Jamie ahead of him but when he is playing alongside Skalak, he is less productive.

Both are good full backs though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bong was very poor last Friday and has been for the first half of the season. LR would add more consistency and leadership.

I don't think he has been 'very poor for the first half of the season' at all. He's got back to the form he showed for us early on after he joined.

LR will take a while to get back up to speed (as all our returnees have shown after a lengthy spell out)

Given our defensive record, saying any of our back 5 are 'very poor' is a bit harsh IMHO.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I don't think he has been 'very poor for the first half of the season' at all. He's got back to the form he showed for us early on after he joined.

LR will take a while to get back up to speed (as all our returnees have shown after a lengthy spell out)

Given our defensive record, saying any of our back 5 are 'very poor' is a bit harsh IMHO.

Although he had quite a torrid time against Villa I'd agree with that on the whole - and he's also got a fair number of assists - his first time crosses are excellent.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Yes Liam's a very good footballer (and a nice guy by all accounts) but we need a left-footed player at left-back. If there are any questions about Bong then we've got Pog... (whatever his name is)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's a top chap, and it was a pleasure to talk with him. I can't say 'interview', because he comes across as a friend you haven't met.

Talking of family, if you go to his Twitter page, there's a picture of him and his family at the Amex. his wife, Erica, must have the most gorgeous 1970s Soul Train afro - ever...

Just listened tonight. It's your best show, Al. He's an easy guest, yes, but you simply direct the programme so we get to hear an insight on his career from start to finish. No ego. The man reveals such a depth of character and naturally gives us an understanding of the club and how much it means to the players. Made me feel a very proud supporter. No uncomfortable moments. Well done both.

This is a must listen.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Good post Smudge apart from the use of ' cheeky ' . You are not a nineteen year old Nandos customer :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Is that 10,000 miles?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Just listened, what a top bloke, a lot of other top footballers should take note of the way Liam conducts himself

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Although he had quite a torrid time against Villa I'd agree with that on the whole - and he's also got a fair number of assists - his first time crosses are excellent.

What i meant was first half of the season so far i.e. first 8 games. He did get a lot better , but against Villa he was one of the weaker players and gave the ball away a lot. The WBA loanee has not figured much and not sure whether he is considered that highly. Now if Bong's 'Friday game' was night was a one-off wobble and he gets back to being as good as he was then he is the number 1 choice.

Yes the defence is brilliant but Dunk, Duffy and Bruno are (this season) a different class to him. I do hope he gets back to his old form. maybe it was Adomah is the best player he has had to handle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here