Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you live: East or West Sussex?

Where do you live: east side or west side?

• East east east Sussex

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • West west west Sussex

Votes: 128 41.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 59 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting, following the "which is best?" thread, to see what the geographical distribution of NSC users is across East & West Sussex (or elsewhere).

Over to you...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Interesting, following the "which is best?" thread, to see what the geographical distribution of NSC users is across East & West Sussex (or elsewhere).

Over to you...
From childhood days in Brighton, I have always preferred East Sussex, but really cannot give a good reason why. "Both Sussexes" have much to commend them - lovely countryside, the Downs, the Sea etc. Surprised that so many more live in East Sussex according to the results that I just saw -might it be because the Brighton area is being counted as East Sussex?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised that so many more live in East Sussex according to the results that I just saw -might it be because the Brighton area is being counted as East Sussex?

I'd have thought so, yes. Or maybe you're just the militant sort, more likely to come out and vote. Like Trump supporters :wink:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You say that like there's some room for manoeuvre. Brighton is in East Sussex.

Yes, you are right. I was thinking: wasn't there some local government thing whereby Brighton and Hove was some unitary authority, or some such wording, and that this was why I made the comment; that it might have been construed as not being in either East or West Sussex.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I live on a boat and go wherever I fancy. Nearest football league club to me at the moment would be Wolverhampton Wanderers I think. But I'll be at the Amex on Saturday!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Interesting boundary move.

If you use the RAC route planner Hove is in West Sussex. How wonderful is that?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, you are right. I was thinking: wasn't there some local government thing whereby Brighton and Hove was some unitary authority, or some such wording, and that this was why I made the comment; that it might have been construed as not being in either East or West Sussex.
Brighton and Hove is a unitary authority. That has NOTHING to do with the county it is in. It is in East Sussex.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Given my Pan-Sussex comments on another East/West thread, I should really have voted "Neither" - it's ALL SUSSEX. Now, if you'd asked which Rape of Sussex I live in I would have been happy to divulge it's the Rape of Arundel........our six Martlets each represent one of these ancient divisions of the county, which have so much more validity than a largely artificial East/West split.:ascarf:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Given my Pan-Sussex comments on another East/West thread, I should really have voted "Neither" - it's ALL SUSSEX. Now, if you'd asked which Rape of Sussex I live in I would have been happy to divulge it's the Rape of Arundel........our six Martlets each represent one of these ancient divisions of the county, which have so much more validity than a largely artificial East/West split.:ascarf:

Well said. There are six Rapes in total - Arundel, Bramber, Chichester, Hastings, Lewes & Pevensey.

Nice one - depending on how much one rates the accuracy of Wikipedia this is an interesting article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_(county_subdivision)

..So I live in the Rape of Pevensey then.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
3 Rapes in Western Sussex + 3 Rapes in Eastern Sussex = One Sussex, One People, One Love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here