Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will the gap between Albion and Villa be at the end of the season?

What will the gap between Albion and Villa be at the end of the season?

• Albion ahead by 21+ points

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Albion ahead by 16-20 points

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Albion ahead by 11-15 points

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Albion ahead by 6-10 points

Votes: 57 45.6%
  • Albion ahead by 1-5 points

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • Levels you devils

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Villa ahead by 1-5 points

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Villa ahead by 6-10 points

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Villa ahead by 11+ points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I honestly think we had an off day as a result of the International Break and the Calderwood business. I hope the gap will remain similar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I honestly think we had an off day as a result of the International Break and the Calderwood business.

Same. Not so sure about the Calderwood impact, but reckon it was far more down to the Albion's now-traditional post-International Break sluggishness and Villa's new manager bounce, rather than them being intrinsically any more of a threat than, say, Norwich. Once we shake off the cobwebs, we'll be hopefully right back on track until the next International Break which thankfully isn't til March.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Villa have a very good squad, plus they will strengthen no doubt in Jan. I can see them going on a run where they will get close to 2pts (i.e. promo form), however I don't think they will catch us. I think they will finish 4th or 5th.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Most team that go up win about 27 matches. Villa have won just 4. With 29 matches to go they need to win roughly 23 games from 29 .

They will finish high in the 70's which won't be enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we get a big haul of points from the next 6 games, then Villa will simply *run out of road* to catch us.

Fulham(h)
Cardiff(a)
Leeds(h)
Blackburn(a)
Birmingham(a)
QPR(h)

The more points we get from that lot ( and by the half way stage ), then the shorter Villa's overtaking road is.

Time to put a few of the above teams to the sword.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
We have, of course, never finished above Villa in the league in our entire history, one of only four clubs for which that is true.

I guess that the other 3 must come from Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham. I am struggling to think of a season where we finished above any of these, although Tottenham was agonisingly close in 77/78?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Villa seem to have finally got their act together. I think this is good news for us because a 13 point gap is too much for them to make us but the rise up the table will worry the other play-off sides - hopefully they'll turn Norwich over in 3 weeks time.

Interestingly, they've lost the same amount of matches as Newcastle (3) and have yet to lose at home.

Definitely the team you do NOT want to be facing in the play-offs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd love it to be four points (us second, them third) allowing us to get the cigars out at their place. How sweet would that be!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Villa seem to have finally got their act together. I think this is good news for us because a 13 point gap is too much for them to make us but the rise up the table will worry the other play-off sides - hopefully they'll turn Norwich over in 3 weeks time.

Interestingly, they've lost the same amount of matches as Newcastle (3) and have yet to lose at home.

Definitely the team you do NOT want to be facing in the play-offs.

Agree with you about the play-offs, but not about Norwich-Villa: a draw would be the best result, in my view.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I guess that the other 3 must come from Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham. I am struggling to think of a season where we finished above any of these, although Tottenham was agonisingly close in 77/78?

Spurs apparently we finished above one season in the Southern League before we both entered the football league proper. Otherwise yes, the closest we got was 77-78.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Tempting to cut-and-paste what ever I thought about that last match between Boro and Albion last season. EXCEPT - we should have a far better goal difference and currently we are well ahead of them on points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I reckon they'll close the gap to us, but not breach it; so let's say they'll end up 5 points behind us.

This from the man who confidently predicted 2-0 to the Albion prior to last weekend's game, so get your money on this latest prediction now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here