Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
murray-201116-l229-3426966_613x460.jpg

Glenn Murray
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:12 21st November 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
The forward is happy to play alongside Sam Baldock.
I think me and Sam [Baldock] linked up very well and created that opportunity, so it just shows how far our partnership has come."
Glenn Murray
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Glenn Murray praised his flourishing partnership with Sam Baldock, following the pair’s contribution in Friday night’s equalising goal against Aston Villa. The 33-year-old linked up with Baldock before finding the back of the net from outside the penalty area, and Murray confessed his goal was one of very few long-range strikes in his career.He said, “It was a good team goal, but I think me and Sam [Baldock] linked up very well and created that opportunity, so it just shows how far our partnership has come.
“It was one of a few I’ve scored from outside the box - perhaps seven or eight - so that was a collector’s item.
“But I’m not too fussed about setting a scoring target, I just want to get as many as I can this season.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Albion’s top goalscorer gave the Villans credit for their performance at the Amex, and backed them to climb the Sky Bet Championship table this season.“It was a tough game. We knew they’d be a tough, strong side; so reflecting on the result, I think a point was a fair result.
“Villa will be up there pushing at the end of the season, they’re a bunch of men who know their jobs and they’re well drilled.
“They’ll take points off a lot of good teams in the Championship this season, so you have to give credit to Villa, they sat in and counter attacked. We tried [to win the game], but it just wasn’t meant to be.”
Murray felt Albion showed character in getting back on level terms, and urged his team-mates to maintain their focus throughout the season.
“Especially when we’d gone 1-0 down, we showed the resilience of the team, and then to hold on after them having the upper hand in the second half, it showed how strong and together we are.
“We have to concentrate on ourselves and take each game as it comes, then aim to take as many points as we can each week.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here