Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arron Banks list of 200

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
corrupt, lazy and ineffective” members of parliament

He wants to destroy the professional politician and drain the swamp , already said keith vaz is number 1 on the list.

I would like to see a copy of the list, i think my mp is on it, do think your is too??

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Most probably mine is a useless overweight ex Stowe public school boy who does absolutely nothing except ridicule the poor and disabled and guffaws repeatedly during PMQ's.
He is a Conservative.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And replace them with what? Does he want people like Farage in charge and some of his cronies, ie people effectively who were on Aaron Banks payroll.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think that a lot of MPs are not in it for the right reasons but there are plenty that are. All that Banks would do would replace them with another set of cronies who will get corrupted with power.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Problem is that there are too many safe seats and jobs for life.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't tar all the MPs with the same brush it's an insult to the young mother stabbed and shot,she was fantastic MP
A lot of politicians try and make difference however it sometimes can be frustrating as a lot of decisions are taken by officers and grey suits who are not elected but have to go by the rules.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And replace them with what? Does he want people like Farage in charge and some of his cronies, ie people effectively who were on Aaron Banks payroll.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think that a lot of MPs are not in it for the right reasons but there are plenty that are. All that Banks would do would replace them with another set of cronies who will get corrupted with power.

It's interesting that he rages against lazy MPs but bankrolls Farage who has the second worst attendance of any MEP (and the only one worse than him has serious health issues), and who attended just one out of 42 meetings of the EU Fisheries committee.

Drew's right, it's not lazy MPs that Banks is moaning about but a lack of people who support his view

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Maybe Banks should expand that list to include M.E.P.s. Specifically a certain member for the South East who sat on the fisheries committee for three years but attended just one meeting during that period.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not mine. We have the divine Caroline.

she made sure she distance herself from the Kit Kat party who had a terrible record on recycling in the city. :nono:

This is sort of why I'm becoming less partisan.

I don't doubt there are MPs who are decent in every party. Equally both Labour and Tories will have people in safe seats who know they can just get by. And there's no doubt there are too many "professional politicians" out there. But the answer isn't to hand power to multi-millionaiires or billionairres with interesting tax arrangements like Banks and Trump.

I couldn't stand KitKat's Greens in council power but I admire Caroline Lucas a great deal and I've often said I'd vote for her if I lived in central Brighton. The future for me would look a lot brighter with more of her type but from across the board politically, hard workers with a political slant but who primarily looked after their constituents. However, we seem to be keen to get rid of the political class but to replace them with other establishment figures with a heavy right wing / nationalist (and they're not always the same thing) bias. It's baffling.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe Banks should expand that list to include M.E.P.s. Specifically a certain member for the South East who sat on the fisheries committee for three years but attended just one meeting during that period.

Why bother about MEPs - in a couple of years or so there won't be any, not from the UK anyway. They'll all be redundant and out of work (well, work as MEPs anyway).

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's a completely open goal, I'm no fan of Banks's politics but at least he's shrewd enough to know one when it is staring him in the face.

Establishment politics in this country was given a chance to clean up its act in the wake of the expenses scandal. Bullshit like Keith Vaz being elected to the Justice Select Comittee, despite being the subject of numerous police investigations (some of which pre-date his recent cocaine and hookers fiasco) proves categorically it hasn't.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

hugh-vs-nigel.jpeg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if he's serious he should start by dropping a lazy Americanism "drain the swamp" that has no relevance here (Washington DC is built a swampland).

then he should get a team together, get some policy and strategy and put forward a viable alternative party. i think there are a lot of seats to be won, it needs to be organised and have a broad approach to policies, not a special interest lobby or independents. otherwise he'll just be wasting his money and alot of air time for the sake of one or two wins.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
corrupt, lazy and ineffective” members of parliament

He wants to destroy the professional politician and drain the swamp , already said keith vaz is number 1 on the list.

I would like to see a copy of the list, i think my mp is on it, do think your is too??

Amber Rudd has a rather interesting pre politics CV that might warrant closer scrutiny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here