Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planet Earth II - Episode 3 - Jungles - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
New nomination for WHC 2017. A jaguar that hunts and kills caiman! Well 'ard.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
NOTHING will ever come close to those frickin' racer snakes that frickin' hunt in frickin' packs.

:eek:

After that, everything will always be an anti-climax.

Oct 25, 2003
i would have liked them to make sure of the jaguar-caiman battle but I guess the jag made such easy work of it there wasn't much to show- and yes, surely he's a contender for WHC '17 after that HUGE piece of positive PR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There have been some proper hard animals on show this series. The jag was a class bit of telly and hardness. Like.

Nothing, nothing will top snakes hunting in packs ffs.

Unless of course Attenborough has something else up his sleeve, heaven forbid.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nothing, nothing will top snakes hunting in packs ffs.

Unless of course Attenborough has something else up his sleeve, heaven forbid.

Did you know that Attenborough was once sitting on a Khazi somewhere in India taking a poo when a dirty great big rat jumped out of the toilet between his legs.
True story that.
Sleep well everyone.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
New nomination for WHC 2017. A jaguar that hunts and kills caiman! Well 'ard.

Puddy cat catching a lizard. I nominated the Jaguar before (best of the big cats) complete with a video action shot. Its the biting through the skull bit. Other cats kill by suffocation.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
On the subject of rats and toilets......on the Tasmanian Wildrness Walk an open air pit toilet had been stuck on top of a small hill. Users shout out if anyone approaches whilst they go about their business. I was chatting away to someone when my wife screamed from said toilet. Turns out that the rats eat the poo and the tiger snakes queue up to eat the rats. You see all this about 6 foot down if you look through your legs whilst on the throne.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the subject of rats and toilets......on the Tasmanian Wildrness Walk an open air pit toilet had been stuck on top of a small hill. Users shout out if anyone approaches whilst they go about their business. I was chatting away to someone when my wife screamed from said toilet. Turns out that the rats eat the poo and the tiger snakes queue up to eat the rats. You see all this about 6 foot down if you look through your legs whilst on the throne.

Guess she isn't used to seeing a large snake between her legs :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Puddy cat catching a lizard. I nominated the Jaguar before (best of the big cats) complete with a video action shot. Its the biting through the skull bit. Other cats kill by suffocation.

You could hear the skull crack on the soundtrack.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
You could hear the skull crack on the soundtrack.

That was the exact same noise that my wrist made when I broke it playing football Saturday morning!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I've never seen so snakes anywhere is in Tasmania bush walking

Great series so far, deserts next week should be good

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Guess she isn't used to seeing a large snake between her legs :smile:

Guess not just a rat.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some mind-blowing psychedelic plants, birds and insects in there. Luminous fungi, the beetle with red and green lights it can turn off and on again and a bird of paradise that frankly is just showing off. ASTOUNDING stuff! :mad:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Some mind-blowing psychedelic plants, birds and insects in there. Luminous fungi, the beetle with red and green lights it can turn off and on again and a bird of paradise that frankly is just showing off. ASTOUNDING stuff! :mad:

The bioluminescent railroad worm (which was in fact a caterpillar) absolute madness. And the Wilson's bird of paradise clearing all those leaves away just so he could show off...magnificent. How do they even FIND these things to film?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here