Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Lampard

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I'm heterosexual, probably not, but if you want him [MENTION=20206]terryberry1[/MENTION] feel free, I'm sure he's rugged.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think he would be an amazing signing, player coach, can do his badges and play a bit as well - what's not to like ?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
No as we don't need high profile egos in our current set up....case closed!!!

Ego? Lampard is one of the few top class professionals who don't have a big ego IMO. Always articulate in interviews. Speaks well and keeps himself out of headlines as much as he can. Also a very intelligent bloke.

I wouldn't take him now as a player as he's pushing 38yo? But he is someone who could be a positive in some capacity. I wouldn't mind if he just used us to get his badges and learn to be a coach with us. Imagine just how amazed our academy players would be just being in the same room as him. He could teach them so much about the professional game on and off the pitch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I go on about old timers but as Beach Hut said what is to not like about him being player coach. Doing his badges and play/sit on bench as required provided his wage is reasonable. No 2 to CH but not sure if they are known to each other very well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have no idea how the US league compares to the Championship.
But Frank has scored 12 goals in 15 apperances.
Even at 38 as long as he is 100% fit with his experience and class I believe he would still be an exceptional player and as has been said I think he is a top bloke with only a small if no ego.
To watch a top player in the autumn of his career drop down to a lower level, like Wayne Bridge and still be head and shoulders above most other players is a joy to behold and it he wants to coach he can take his badges as well.
Could we afford him though, he will probably demand a very high wage.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Why not? But how much will it cost. As mentioned, he's a been there done that guy with so much experience. Could he transfer that to other players though? Would he be able to be 2nd or even lower than that? That's a yes from me Simon.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Never though in all my days supporting Albion that I ever thought I'd say this, buy no I don't think we need him. At the moment.

However...

Dale Stephens looked to me on Friday night that he might have caught transfer windowitis. If that is the case and if he's still adamant he won't sign a new contract, then I'd happily cash in on him IF we could agree a deal with Fat Frank until the end of the season. I don't think he'd get much game time and I'd have him as 3rd/4th choice, but to have him on the bench or around the dressing room could be a big addition in our fight for promotion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here