Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can the Amex create a big match atmosphere?

Most seem to agree the Amex was a little flat for a huge game on friday,would a better atmosphere had inspired the team or is it their job to inspire the fans? Should RR be whipping up the locals? Although we have great attendances we don't seem to have big games as the difference in crowd size is only several thousand.Some recall the Goldstone where crowds could jump from 17,000 to near 30,000 for a big game alot of these were night games with an influx of fans who couldn't get to saturday games. Too many kids or fans that are not local to the city whats the problem with the atmosphere at night amex games and how could we make it better? Leeds biggest crowd today will no doubt create a decent amount of noise,it can be done:moo: The fans could be the difference this season:thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Having less train problems and not having the Southbound A23 closed? Friday due to accident 6pm (lorry and a couple of cars) would have helped get people to the ground vs Villa.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Its about the people in the ground not those struggling to get there shirley?

Pycommbe at 6 pm Friday the delays were quite lengthy.....aside from that play massive in a massive game.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Most seem to agree the Amex was a little flat for a huge game on friday,would a better atmosphere had inspired the team or is it their job to inspire the fans? Should RR be whipping up the locals? Although we have great attendances we don't seem to have big games as the difference in crowd size is only several thousand.Some recall the Goldstone where crowds could jump from 17,000 to near 30,000 for a big game alot of these were night games with an influx of fans who couldn't get to saturday games. Too many kids or fans that are not local to the city whats the problem with the atmosphere at night amex games and how could we make it better? Leeds biggest crowd today will no doubt create a decent amount of noise,it can be done:moo: The fans could be the difference this season:thumbsup:

:ffsparr:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I think we do need some help. The atmosphere would be transformed if we could persuade a few supporters from the good old days to return. A wall of noise even greater than that we created against the Wednesday massive could be whipped up if you and Das orchestrated it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One ****ing dull poster. No idea why i torture myself reading his middle aged garbage.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There was no Fanzone & no Ring of Fire on Friday. Make of that what you will.

I think it was more to do with so many late arrivals and them being rightly annoyed.

I think we do need some help. The atmosphere would be transformed if we could persuade a few supporters from the good old days to return. A wall of noise even greater than that we created against the Wednesday massive could be whipped up if you and Das orchestrated it.

I think thats the problem with people trying to organize atmosphere,it needs to be more organic but with so many seats already filled its hard for the younger and potentially vocal fans to get together! I did speak to Mr Bloom before the first game at the amex about making the corners when completed available to the younger fans but he seemed to have faith in RR type pre match build up:wozza: Five years later we are wondering why the atmosphere is not what it should be:rolleyes: Then again i was ahead of most on Poyet and Murray.It can be hard to be ahead of your time and surrounded by witch burners:moo:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Need to crank it up against Fulham.

We've been here before, but I would favour a decent trumpeter who could 'prompt' some songs like Billy does for the Barmy Army.

The Leeds Friday night game will be half empty after the omnitransportshambles against Villa.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here