Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Centre Vinyl Record Fair

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Been going to this on and off since the late 1980's. Tomorrow is sadly its last one!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Been going to this on and off since the late 1980's. Tomorrow is sadly its last one!

Wow, that brings back memories. Time just vanished in there. Remember going up the stairs, there was always a huge poster of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, wearing only their socks.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I haven't been for about 25 years. I used to go regularly. The last record I bought there was Tim Hardin - The Homecoming Concert

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It has been in the East Wing the past few years but used to take up the whole of the main area back in the day. Many great memories. Will be a sad day indeed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's a real shame. Went for the first time about 2/3 months ago and found loads of good stuff at decent prices.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I think the bloke who runs it and who is retiring Geoff (?) used to run Vinyl Demand down Trafalgar Street. Got a large chunk of my record collection in there (including the Factory Sampler EP with Joy Division, Cabaret Voltaire, The Durruti Column and John Dowie which is probably the rarest and most valuable one I've got). Nice bloke, Geoff, bit of an old hippy!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think the bloke who runs it and who is retiring Geoff (?) used to run Vinyl Demand down Trafalgar Street. Got a large chunk of my record collection in there (including the Factory Sampler EP with Joy Division, Cabaret Voltaire, The Durruti Column and John Dowie which is probably the rarest and most valuable one I've got). Nice bloke, Geoff, bit of an old hippy!

That's the guy. Vinylman.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Same here - except I (Al) tended to go for old northern soul 45s and film score LPs there.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
There used to be loads of bootleg stuff there years ago (stone roses live recorded by somebody in the crowd)but that got tightened up and the advent of downloading etc. Shame.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When I went a few times, years ago, I seem to remember it taking the whole of the upstairs space.

Sad to see it go and quite surprised really. I mean, vinyl is enjoying a renaissance and Brighton seems the sort of city that would be at the front of that queue as well.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Apparently someone else is taking it over from Geoff (who delivers my post sometimes), so it should continue...

I used to have a stall down there...fun times although used to be so very light fingered people who nicked things off my stall. Gits.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Collecting vinyl is the holy grail for us sad gits
Spent years as a teenager finding Madness "one step beyond" picture cover 7" single
But never achieved it to make complete set of every single(pic cover) , album,picture disc etc
Until 4 months ago while on holiday in Weymouth found a backstreet small vinyl shop and whooped with joy to find it.
Could have found it on eBay I suppose but not the same as flicking through old boxes of old vinyl in Obscure record stores :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
When I went a few times, years ago, I seem to remember it taking the whole of the upstairs space.

Sad to see it go and quite surprised really. I mean, vinyl is enjoying a renaissance and Brighton seems the sort of city that would be at the front of that queue as well.

Did take up all that space and even overspilled into one of the conference areas. Those were the days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here