Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International rugby

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ireland v NZ was a great match, Scotland v Arg was disappointing though. Saw some of Wales v Japan and that looked a good game.
I didn't bother with England. Finally, South Africa are just pure chuckles at the moment which is lovely to see.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What the Fijians get paid per match is up to their rugby union to decide. The English RFU are not obliged to give any of the gate money to the opposition, but on this occasion coughed up c£75k.
I wasn't suggesting for a minute that the contract was illegal, just immoral.

Boxing promoters make big profits, this weekend Andre Ward earned 5m usd to Kovalev's 2m USD. Fiji travel halfway around the world and took maybe 1.5% of the gate receipts. Short of feeding them to the lions when they were defeated, I can't think of a less equitable outcome. There is no chance of them being anything other than a feeder team, for the small pool of A list rugby nations on this basis.

England players seem to have taken around 20% of gate money. Is the rest going into youth development?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Wales always look ropey in the autumn internationals - they're actually better than usual this year. But they're not going to be winners of the 6N, that's between England and Ireland.

much as I hate to say it,the French gave the Aussies a good game last night and really should have won

although I can't see anyone beyond England for the 6N

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I wasn't suggesting for a minute that the contract was illegal, just immoral.

Boxing promoters make big profits, this weekend Andre Ward earned 5m usd to Kovalev's 2m USD. Fiji travel halfway around the world and took maybe 1.5% of the gate receipts. Short of feeding them to the lions when they were defeated, I can't think of a less equitable outcome. There is no chance of them being anything other than a feeder team, for the small pool of A list rugby nations on this basis.

England players seem to have taken around 20% of gate money. Is the rest going into youth development?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The rfu are very good at giving a level of funding to grass roots rugby, there are many grants available to local clubs, for instance, our club have just received substantial funding for a lot of work on all four of our pitches, the Twickenham groundsman has even come down and overseen the project. Our pitches are probably one of the best in Sussex now.
The rfu have a lot of faults but they do filter the money down, and do a hell of a lot in promoting, training and developing grass roots rugby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here