Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Break = Poor Albion Performance

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
It seems to be forming a pattern, International break = poor performance. I’m not sure if it’s the break in momentum or what but the last three results and performances at home after the international break have arguably been the worst we have seen. Has this been a factor in the past?

September international break
Brentford 0-2 defeat, admittedly this also came after the defeat at Newcastle prior to being up by international break.

October international break
Preston 2-2 draw, run of 3 wins and one draw prior to being up by international break

November international break
Villa 1-1 draw, run of 3 wins and one draw prior to being broken up by international break

I am at a loss to see how we can change that. Thank fully no break till late March next year.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It seems to be forming a pattern, International break = poor performance. I’m not sure if it’s the break in momentum or what but the last three results and performances at home after the international break have arguably been the worst we have seen. Has this been a factor in the past?

Brentford 0-2 defeat, admittedly this also came after the defeat at Newcastle prior to being up by international break.

Preston 2-2 draw, run of 3 wins and one draw prior to being up by international break

Villa 1-1 draw, run of 3 wins and one draw prior to being broken up by international break

A another thing to blame FIFA for :lolol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

I am at a loss to see how we can change that. Thank fully no break till late March next year.

Four wins.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It wasn't a "poor performance". Well, the first half was.

We came up against a team coming into form who for the first 45 minutes looked every bit a Premier League team. They had us figured out tactically and allowed us minimal time on the ball resulting in questionable decision making and passes going astray. Their left back, Amavi?, had Knockers well and truly under control as well so no luck for him either.

They were unquestionably the best team we've had at the Amex for a good while and a point, as a reflection of the entire 90 minutes, was entirely fair.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We came up against a team coming into form who for the first 45 minutes looked every bit a Premier League team. They had us
figured out tactically and allowed us minimal time on the ball resulting in questionable decision making and passes going astray. Their left back, Amavi?, had Knockers well and truly under control as well so no luck for him either.

They were unquestionably the best team we've had at the Amex for a good while and a point, as a reflection of the entire 90 minutes, was entirely fair.

It was a very poor performance and Villa completely dominated and will be sick not to have got 3 points. Bruce had them doing the basics correctly and we contributed to our problems with our poor passing and tackling resulting in losing the ball too often.

We stole a point that we didnt deserve.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

We came up against a team coming into form who for the first 45 minutes looked every bit a Premier League team. They had us figured out tactically and allowed us minimal time on the ball resulting in questionable decision making and passes going astray. Their left back, Amavi?, had Knockers well and truly under control as well so no luck for him either.

I personally think Villa looked there for the taking. If Albion had started as they had left off and played like the last 4 games prior to the break they'd have won that game. From the off Albion seemed to be on the back foot. Villa did grow into the game but they looked vulnerable, great players to bring on from the bench. I expect they will be up there come the end of the season.

I said at the start I’d take a draw because I had a feeling the game might be tricky. 11 games unbeaten is a pretty good record. Roll on the next game. Onward and hopefully upwards.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I personally think Villa looked there for the taking. If Albion had started as they had left off and played like the last 4 games prior to the break they'd have won that game. From the off Albion seemed to be on the back foot. Villa did grow into the game but they looked vulnerable, great players to bring on from the bench. I expect they will be up there come the end of the season.

I said at the start I’d take a draw because I had a feeling the game might be tricky. 11 games unbeaten is a pretty good record. Roll on the next game. Onward and hopefully upwards.

Fair. I agree we did put them to the sword a couple of times in the 2nd half but for me that first half was all Villa from the get go. A lot of it had to do with them keeping Sidders and Stephens contained as well.

You are absolutely right about their trajectory. Based on last night I'll be amazed if they aren't top 6. Just hope we're already promoted by then :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once again I think CH substitutions were questionable and I would have done different. I would have put March on for AK to try and push their left back and I would have brought on Pocognoli for Skalak to help stop Adeomah who was their source of supply and finally Norwood for Stephens who was struggling to keep the ball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here