Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Did anybody else notice how upset he was during the last post and the minutes silence ? I think he still wasn't quite ready to play. Must be so tough and he was quite clearly moved by the events pre match.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Indoors watching and looked liked he started to cry. Definitely effected him last night and it showed.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, he wasn't his usual self on the pitch. Still clearly feeling it, poor fella. Hopefully will be back to his best soon.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Did anybody else notice how upset he was during the last post and the minutes silence ? I think he still wasn't quite ready to play. Must be so tough and he was quite clearly moved by the events pre match.

At the end too. He was very emotional and Beram who was sat close to us went on to the pitch at the end and gave him a big hug. Really nice touch by Beram

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poor guy, I felt for him last night. Clearly not quite ready but also desperate to play I would have thought. In the heat of the game I suggested him and Skalak swapping wings for the duration to give him a run at Hutton, but on reflection I'm not sure anything would have helped.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Poor guy, I felt for him last night. Clearly not quite ready but also desperate to play I would have thought. In the heat of the game I suggested him and Skalak swapping wings for the duration to give him a run at Hutton, but on reflection I'm not sure anything would have helped.

They swapped over in both halves, but it didn't yield any more success.

It wasn't his night in many ways, unfortunately. It was the sort of game where we needed a spark of his magic to get us going, but it never happened. It seemed like he was just trying too hard, bless him.

With this first match behind him, also the cruel coinciding with Remembrance, hopefully he'll be able to get back to himself a week from now.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I wasn't any use to man nor beast for a few months after my dad died. I hope AK can throw himself into his football but I think we need to give him some allowances as he's still a young man that's lost his dad. He seems to play with such emotion that it's bound to affect his game. Hopefully the club will be there with support and we as fans need to give him some time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It wasn't his night in many ways, unfortunately. It was the sort of game where we needed a spark of his magic to get us going, but it never happened. It seemed like he was just trying too hard, bless him.

With this first match behind him, also the cruel coinciding with Remembrance, hopefully he'll be able to get back to himself a week from now.

I noticed them do it once and thought it was a good idea at the time. They matched us out wide all night to be honest. We probably should have gone through the middle more, the Sidwell / Murray / Baldock / Murray move for the goal was the best of the game by either side and came mainly through the spine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It didn't help that he was up against Amavi, who was excellent I thought. I doubt he'll play against a better leftback this season.

el punal

I hoped, at the end of the first half, that Chris Hughton would put his arms around him and tell him not to try so hard, that it was alright and everyone loves him. Maybe, in hindsight, it would have been better if Anthony came on as an impact sub. Who knows? Whatever, AK is still a genius and has every right to be adored.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
From a logical and tactics perspective I think there's a good case that Murphy maybe should have started.

From an emotive and confidence perspective I felt like Knockaert almost had to play. We all wanted him to do well for reasons beyond football, as already posted he tried a bit too hard and it didn't quite work out for him. There'll be other days.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
It didn't help that he was up against Amavi, who was excellent I thought. I doubt he'll play against a better leftback this season.

Agree with this. His tackling, positioning, jockeying was spot on all night and his pace is scary.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From a personal point of view I thought that last night was wrong, do it on 11th Nov or before but to me such acts should finish on Rememberance Sunday. We will never forget but should draw a line under continuing after Rememberance Day/ Sunday. Controversial I know but just a personnal view with no disrepect intended towards those who gave their lives for us. This added to AK loss didnt help him.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
From a personal point of view I thought that last night was wrong, do it on 11th Nov or before but to me such acts should finish on Rememberance Sunday. We will never forget but should draw a line under continuing after Rememberance Day/ Sunday. Controversial I know but just a personnal view with no disrepect intended towards those who gave their lives for us.

It's not controversial. As I've said before, it should take place on the Sunday. There are so many events now that it has lost its sanctity.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair I think AK always tries too hard when we are on TV

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I expect he needed a game to get back into it and if we waited it would have been the same story...... next time let's hope he's back to his old self

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
To me he's not played well in over a month now obviously due to his dad's illness and death he should be allowed to play himself back into form as we did with bong earlier in the season hopefully he'll be back to his terrorising ways in no time at all

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here