Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Game Turnovers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can anyone advise just how many times we gave the ball away today ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All I can say is thank CHRIST they started with Flabby Agbonlahore and Gardner, instead of Ayew and Grealish. Once those two came on, Villa absolutely killed us.

We would not have survived that had they been in the starting lineup. Baffling selection from Bruce, probably paid us too much respect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was a lot.

They had us sussed in that first half. High, quick press gave us no time on the ball. Crowded the middle to keep Sidders and Stephens contained. No wonder we gave the ball away.

Best team I've seen this season, without a doubt.

I thought that as well, just like Borough last season they completely strangled our passing game

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
High pressing and greater numbers in midfield. They did a good job to cancel out our fast flowing passing football. They will be in the mix at the end of the season

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought they were good but we were far from at our best. Could have done with Hemed up front, like Baldock but he looker far too lightweight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was a lot.

They had us sussed in that first half. High, quick press gave us no time on the ball. Crowded the middle to keep Sidders and Stephens contained. No wonder we gave the ball away.

Best team I've seen this season, without a doubt.

Spot on. It's not always as simple as 'we played badly' or 'we gave it away a lot' - the reason was Villa's pressing in numbers and organisation. Definately on top for 1st half of second half then seemed to let them have a go dominating. Tactical game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here