Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#### Highlights ####

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I know what you mean but sometimes you have to look at the opposition. Villa's pressing play was right up there with the best we've seen at The Amex, harassing players into mistakes all night.

On the plus side we were tough, resilient and at times looked like we could win it. The definition of a hard-fought draw against a team that will be right up there now they've got a top manager to get the best out of a talented squad. 1-1 was about right imho.

I'm half-glass full. We're punching well above our weight in this division and doing brilliantly. Think we need to land the knockout blow this year though as it's just going to get harder and harder.
How are we punching above our weight in this division? We've taken 4 from 6 against ex premiership teams in successive home games and travelling well on the road. I'd say your glass appears to be half empty mate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How are we punching above our weight in this division? We've taken 4 from 6 against ex premiership teams in successive home games and travelling well on the road. I'd say your glass appears to be half empty mate.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of 'punching above our weight'. The 'and doing brilliantly' was hardly negative! You answered your own question - "We've taken 4 from 6 against ex premiership teams in successive home games and travelling well on the road". A club that hasn't had parachute payments is continuing to perform exceptionally well to match, and indeed, beat others with much greater resources.

Last edited:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of 'punching above our weight'. The 'and doing brilliantly' was hardly negative! You answered your own question - "We've taken 4 from 6 against ex premiership teams in successive home games and travelling well on the road". A club that hasn't had parachute payments is continuing to perform exceptionally well to match, and indeed, beat others with much greater resources.
Ok, fair point. I read it wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here