Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#### Highlights ####

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Yeah we weren't at our best but Villa played well and will take points from our rivals too I suspect.

We didn't lose - we move on with our unbeaten run in tact

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We weren't bad but weren't good... However credit must go to Villa as they played a huge part in stopping us playing. They have ridiculous players at their disposal...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Villa emphatically on top in the second half?! We were on top for the first half of it and they were for the second half... Draw was probably fair although they were slightly better on the night - not on top enough to nick it for me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Villa emphatically on top in the second half?! We were on top for the first half of it and they were for the second half... Draw was probably fair although they were slightly better on the night - not on top enough to nick it for me.

Stats Possesion BHA 59% Villa 41

Shots on target 2 each

Apart from the 5 minutes of consecutive corners we weren’t troubled.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's the obligatory 'big club in lower league' biased sky wax-lyrical, probably on a teleprompter to mention at least 3 times throughout the match how big they are, and how they were good for the win.

Besides the wolves-esque foray of successive corners (2 of which were called incorrectly), I wasn't concerned at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Decent game. Full credit to a Villa who came with a very strong game plan. They will be more disappointed with the result than we should be.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd rather not watch them. We weren't very good. However, we go again! #UTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean but sometimes you have to look at the opposition. Villa's pressing play was right up there with the best we've seen at The Amex, harassing players into mistakes all night.

On the plus side we were tough, resilient and at times looked like we could win it. The definition of a hard-fought draw against a team that will be right up there now they've got a top manager to get the best out of a talented squad. 1-1 was about right imho.

I'm half-glass full. We're punching well above our weight in this division and doing brilliantly. Think we need to land the knockout blow this year though as it's just going to get harder and harder.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Glad that we still have 13 points on them I feel if we'd of lost they might've fancied chasing down 10 points as it is we should be good enough to hold them and the rest off for autos

Agree with this. As it is, Villa now need to keep up their 2 point/game average they've managed under Steve Bruce so far just to reach 80. They'll be in the play offs, but I can't see them being a challenger for 2nd.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's the obligatory 'big club in lower league' biased sky wax-lyrical, probably on a teleprompter to mention at least 3 times throughout the match how big they are, and how they were good for the win.

Besides the wolves-esque foray of successive corners (2 of which were called incorrectly), I wasn't concerned at all.

Was one of those when Grealish shot wide with the outside of his foot...beat me as to why that was a corner

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Murray goal is worth another watch. Shows the value of Baldock. Instinctive understanding. You can see why Baldock is preferred to Hemed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yeh it's a shame really. I'd say Villa edged it but also didn't do enough to win it. The way Sky spoke it was like the last 20 mins was the pattern of the whole game! We had them on the ropes a little at the start of 2nd half. Draw a fair result - they certainly didn't dominate the game!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The Murray goal is worth another watch. Shows the value of Baldock. Instinctive understanding. You can see why Baldock is preferred to Hemed.

It's a brilliant goal.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think they will soon become our rivals.
Wolvesque?

Wolves had an endless stream of corners at the end of the 1-0 win a few weeks back.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was one of those when Grealish shot wide with the outside of his foot...beat me as to why that was a corner

I think that did have a slight deflection. They were all corners. I watched it on the box last night. (Bad fan).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was right behind the line of that...maybe a trip to spec savers for me then

Oh, yes. I was there a couple of weeks back. It's only the two for £69 offer that has afforded me the chance to correct you on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here