Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Jan 28

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Seems an obvious candidate to be moved for Sky but does anyone know how much notice Sky have to give? Just want to organise something around the game and would like to know when I can be sure of the date and time. Thanks.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seems an obvious candidate to be moved for Sky but does anyone know how much notice Sky have to give? Just want to organise something around the game and would like to know when I can be sure of the date and time. Thanks.

Sky have already chosen their live matches for this period, and this is not one of them.

BUT

This is FA Cup 4th round weekend, and the chances of both us and Newcastle going out on Rd 3 are quite low.

Therefore, it's likely to be moved, but not by SKY.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll know nothing until after FACup 3 is played.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This has been done to death a few times on here - apologies if you haven't seen it :) .

Jan 28 is FA Cup 4th round day, so unless we both get knocked out in round 3, the game will be moved ayway.

Round 3 is on Saturday 7 January so I guess you won't know until at least then whether or not it will be moved.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Ok thanks all. Sorry I didn't pick this up elsewhere!:moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, there is ZERO chance of this game being on Sky, correct? I wasn't sure whether they can choose games at a later date.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, there is ZERO chance of this game being on Sky, correct? .

That would be a very foolish assumption.

It will be moved from the Saturday because of the FA Cup, rather than BECAUSE of Sky, but that absolutely does not preclude them from influencing the new date / broadcasting the match. I'd say its very likely they will, and just PRAY its not a sodding MONDAY.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With so many people still asking about this match should the club put a little asterik next to the fixture indicating *game most likely to be moved.
4th Round Cup means (if both knocked out) we could be on Sky at 12:30 or 5:30 up against the BBC with a big all Prem game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
With so many people still asking about this match should the club put a little asterik next to the fixture indicating *game most likely to be moved.4th Round Cup means (if both knocked out) we could be on Sky at 12:30 or 5:30 up against the BBC with a big all Prem game.

They've done that in the 'buy tickets' section of the website

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The fa cup is a cup competition that we seem to enter most seasons:facepalm:

You say that, but i'm sure i read somewhere that many moons ago we actually forgot? Meaning we had to go through the qualifiers!

Or did i just make that up? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here