Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Price of Football 2016

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sheffield Wednesday really are massive aren't they.....
Take the travel away and we are about 8th most expensive for a ST, which when you consider where we are in the country is reasonable IMO.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sheffield Wednesday really are massive aren't they.....
Take the travel away and we are about 8th most expensive for a ST, which when you consider where we are in the country is reasonable IMO.

Statements like this upset me. Football is just too expensive in general imho.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They haven't taken into account the Knockeart factor, he is worth the price of the season ticket alone.

The games are therefore free.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Options:

1) Go and support a better 'value' team

2) Don't go at all

3) Don't moan, aside from offering constructive suggestions, and support your club

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Don't care. ST, Pie & Pint and Petrol costs me around £1200 a year. Money well spent. Add the away games and I expect the Seagulls cost me £2000. For me, I can afford it and so it's money well spent.
But at the same time I have friends who could never afford a match day ticket, let alone ST.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Options:

1) Go and support a better 'value' team

2) Don't go at all

3) Don't moan, aside from offering constructive suggestions, and support your club

Don't know if this is aimed at me, but to clarify. I think Brighton have their pricing about right in the scheme of things, but football as a whole is rapidly going up its own ********.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't know if this is aimed at me, but to clarify. I think Brighton have their pricing about right in the scheme of things, but football as a whole is rapidly going up its own ********.

I'm sure I read somewhere that with the amount of money from TV deals going to Premier League clubs many could charge virtually nothing on the gate and still make a profit. I'm sure, equally, that lower league clubs would die immediately with less gate money. That simply isn't right.

The Albion have listened to people though. IMO things like upgrading a child ticket 6 times a season, pricing for under 10s and under 18s /21s have made things more affordable for families and young people, encouraging the next generation. You could still contrast the £34 being asked in WSU for the Villa game with the £23 I paid for my away ticket at Cardiff but I think the club is doing all it can, given the demand for success and the continued drain on Tony's pockets. Whatever we're paying he's paying more.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

In no way aimed at you. My point is that some are quick to bitch and moan about ticket prices, pies, programmes, beer etc etc. My 'beef' if you like is that we have a choice in life. If a TV show is poor, I turn it over not watch it then complain. Football, or any sport, it just amazes me how many go, buy stuff then moan how expensive it was. Simply don't go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No doubt it will once again ignore our subsidised travel.

Ah well, it is what it is.
Like most 'hobbies', if it's beyond budget then it goes.
Right now, bring on Friday.

Statements like this upset me. Football is just too expensive in general imho.

Had Radio 1 onto me for their newsbeat thing on this (it's on at 12-45 today - not sure if I'll def be on but they did ask a lot of questions - I also refused to send me singing a 'chant' that is regularly sung at Brighton as I said it was too cringey and I have standards) - I essentially made all the above points. Also that we get schools etc involved on the shelf with their own concourse, interest free Direct Debits, Award winning pies, great facilities, ST's that work out much better pro rata. Only negative I said was match by match tickets country-wide are too high.

Of course, if I am on, it will be much edited...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The first thing to understand as a football fan is that it's a largely one way relationship! Occasionally however it makes you feel like you're on top of the world! Don't get involved if you can't accept this.

Where I do have a problem is parents...as if it's perfectly acceptable to inject heroin into kids and yet thousands of parents one day take their kids along thus inflicting a lifetime of pain and suffering from then onwards. Should be leaflets available in GP surgeries etc. Thanks Dad, thanks A LOT!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Had Radio 1 onto me for their newsbeat thing on this (it's on at 12-45 today - not sure if I'll def be on but they did ask a lot of questions - I also refused to send me singing a 'chant' that is regularly sung at Brighton as I said it was too cringey and I have standards) - I essentially made all the above points. Also that we get schools etc involved on the shelf with their own concourse, interest free Direct Debits, Award winning pies, great facilities, ST's that work out much better pro rata. Only negative I said was match by match tickets country-wide are too high.

Of course, if I am on, it will be much edited...
Remember when you called the Radio Sussex phone in and had to pass the phone to your dad because you were being sick out of the window? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember when you called the Radio Sussex phone in and had to pass the phone to your dad because you were being sick out of the window? :lol:

Who caught my 30 seconds of fame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here