Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AV 25 coaches

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Villa are bringing 25 coaches (the ones the fans sit in, not managerial kind). Why so many?
Match tickets are £34, coach is £23 and there's 3202 coming.
Friday night, no trains I guess.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's also the first time they've played here so a new ground for the fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I know it's sad,but when i was 14 and first started going to the Albion,i used to love counting the coaches,Leeds united had the most i can remember 22 coaches,although i am led to believe Manchester Utd once had 58 at the Goldstone..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember being on coach twenty-something when we went to Liverpool in '91. FA Cup 2-2 match

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
28 coaches and one train (possibly even two) for our FA Cup fifth round tie at Peterborough in 1985/86. That's one of my favourite Albion memories, all of us chugging across the frozen wastes of Bedfordshire heading for a game that should never have been played due to the 16 feet of snow lying across the pitch. Slight exaggeration, but only slight.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I think we also got a screening of a game .....may have been the Forest game, I cant remember it was long long ago...
I cant remember the free train ticket, I think it was a free home game ticket....but as I said was long long ago

Seem to recall the free trip was Charlton at the valley 3-0

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At least you got a refund and a free train ticket to a game of your choice! :D

Don't remember it being a game of your choice. Think it was Charlton away for everyone. Did also get a refund plus the match was shown on a big screen at Hove Town Hall with a free programme (albeit black and white, not the original colour one sold on the night).

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Villa are bringing 25 coaches (the ones the fans sit in, not managerial kind). Why so many?
Match tickets are £34, coach is £23 and there's 3202 coming.
Friday night, no trains I guess.

1 coach for supporters, the other 24 are for transporting Steve Bruce's dinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here