Season Tickets "Sell Out"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was interested to see that in the EFL piece on STHs there's also the statistic that 20% of all EFL supporters at matches are under 16. I rather suspect that Brighton's figure might be a little higher than that and all this bodes very well in the medium-to-long term for Brighton.

http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...wn-in-record-breaking-efl-season-3416338.aspx

When the Amex was built we were all predicting somewhere between 12,000-18,000 gates for this league. Full credit to the club in recovering its fan base so quickly and rescuing Sussex youngsters from the gloomy and dull grip of Sky-driven Premier League teams and sustaining those ST numbers.

Seagulls!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Tremendous news! it also answers that thorny question about how to fill a stadium. Just be good...

Loving the excitement we are generating at the moment, just hope we can keep the positivity going on friday.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was interested to see that in the EFL piece on STHs there's also the statistic that 20% of all EFL supporters at matches are under 16. I rather suspect that Brighton's figure might be a little higher than that and all this bodes very well in the medium-to-long term for Brighton.

http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...wn-in-record-breaking-efl-season-3416338.aspx

When the Amex was built we were all predicting somewhere between 12,000-18,000 gates for this league. Full credit to the club in recovering its fan base so quickly and rescuing Sussex youngsters from the gloomy and dull grip of Sky-driven Premier League teams and sustaining those ST numbers.

Seagulls!

I for one wasn't. At the time of the original capacity announcement of 22,500 I questioned this knowing the potential of this club.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Looks like the club is going to be close to ending this season with its highest # of ST holders ever.
The previous peak was Oscar's season and 23,175 in 13/14.

There's a puff piece here also tied in with the EFL announcing yesterday that its passed 500K ST holders for the first time (no doubt boosted by Villa/Newcastle etc)
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-season-tickets-3418410.aspx

What? That can't be right! What about all the dire warnings from the up the road about 2nd season syndrome?

or 3rd season

or 4th season

or 5th season.....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I still think there's a huge untapped fan base too...

I agree. I know of Goldstone fans that are not season ticket holders.

We have tapped into new fans though.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Just managed to buy the seat next to mine for the secondhalf of the season. Happy days!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
What? That can't be right! What about all the dire warnings from the up the road about 2nd season syndrome?

or 3rd season

or 4th season

or 5th season.....

Indeed. During the planning process I remember being disappointed that the proposed capacity was initially quite small, but I consoled myself by remembering that for virtually our entire history (barring a few years in the late 1970s) the initial capacity was much higher than our historical average crowds and was therefore going to be fine - maybe even a little big. We knew that for the first season and maybe the second we would have good crowds, but then they would drop off as the novelty wore off (as the Palace fans kept reminding us it would). 12,000 / 14,000 or so by the third season was a general consensus, and we used to argue about what areas should be tarped off! (This was back in the days when a 7,000 Withdean crowd was considered good).

Never mind the old Goldstone lot, I really am pleasantly surprised as to how much the club has connected with people who were never Brighton fans before the Amex era.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Seagulls!

The bad news is, if the clubs missives about STHs abusing the children tickets, the figure might not be quite so high.
The good news is that I was walking home with my son today, and there was a group of kids playing football in the playground. Almost exclusively they had Albion kits on, and my boy indicated that none of them really liked football, which really would be an indication of a spreading fan base, albeit from a very small sample.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The bad news is, if the clubs missives about STHs abusing the children tickets, the figure might not be quite so high.
The good news is that I was walking home with my son today, and there was a group of kids playing football in the playground. Almost exclusively they had Albion kits on, and my boy indicated that none of them really liked football, which really would be an indication of a spreading fan base, albeit from a very small sample.

I suspect that the issue of adults using children's tickets is probably restricted to very few STHs and the club have over-egged it a wee bit.

I can only speak anecdotally on this but having been to loads of away games in the last 5 years since we moved to the Amex, the number of children you see going to watch the Albion compared with other league clubs is extremely high. Go to places like Donnie Rovers or Barnsley and there seems to be very few children watching. The fact that we have almost half an entire stand the length of the pitch designated as the Family Stand plus the school shelf in the NW corner plus loads of children elsewhere (mine included) in the West Stands, East Upper, the North and South West also bears this out.

Last edited:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Creating a shortage is always good marketing,especially when you keep tickets back for general sale,(That i agree with).As written many times on NSC,its a workable system for filling the no show seats,that IMO is key to improving the atmosphere and revenues.Norwich and i bet Aston Villa will have noticeable gaps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That's not taking into account when we play.

As it seems 3pm Saturday has been confided to the history books, there's always going to be seats 'available', under the floodlights.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here