Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recognition at Last

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Brighton and Hove Albion has just been an answer on the 'Missing Vowels' Round on 'Only Connect'. We can all die happy.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Indeed, was pleased with that.

bha.JPG

Our Vic must have had a battle over poker table with our TB at some stage Shirley?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oddly Vic is now on HIGNFY, and looks two stone lighter. Make up is Amazing these days . . .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In 3 years (or however long its been on) its one of the only answers i have managed to get right, in what must be the geekiest quiz show ever created, the ability of some of the contestants to think so far out of the box in the first 2 rounds, in such a short space of time, is either incredible or they totally need to get out and enjoy themselves a bit.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In 3 years (or however long its been on) its one of the only answers i have managed to get right, in what must be the geekiest quiz show ever created, the ability of some of the contestants to think so far out of the box in the first 2 rounds, in such a short space of time, is either incredible or they totally need to get out and enjoy themselves a bit.

Go on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2Z79DzzJY8w2R58bpftq14k/quiz

You know you want to:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She was minger monger mongous in the very early episodes of Only Connect, with a tache bigger than Sam Allardyce's back in his playing days and a haircut to match. Serious makeover.

Err... I was being insoucient and self-mocking. Clearly no makeaover - filmed years apart. I happen to think she is seriously delicious, pre and post partum :wozza::lolol:

If you were just tapping into the rediculousness of my comment then :bowdown::wave:

The other Albion reference on the TV tonight was the appearance of Nigel Kennedy on the BBC1 News.

Variously described as "Hove - born" and "Brighton - born", he described his first experience at a football match - the 6-0 victory of the Albion over Oldham Athletic at the Goldstone. But then his mum moved to Birmingham and he became a Villa supporter.

FFS! When my mum moved to Birmingham, I didn't become a Villa supporter.

KRO. SOTV.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Victoria Coren's cousin lives in Worthing. She's a former friend of Mrs JTM.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Lateral thinking abounds. I am also an avid watcher and can only marvel at some of the answers. My intellect stretches as far as trying to work out VCM's chest measurement.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Err... I was being insoucient and self-mocking. Clearly no makeaover - filmed years apart. I happen to think she is seriously delicious, pre and post partum :wozza::lolol:

If you were just tapping into the rediculousness of my comment then :bowdown::wave:

That's not all - Chris Hughton was a ''Pointless Answer on ''Pointless'' in the past - I think it was naming the Spurs players in their UEFA Cup winning side in the 1970s

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I love a bit of Only Connect, yes it's an incredibly tricky quiz, but I do get the odd question or two right. Until the final round that is, then I come in to my own and I reckon I get 80% right, most before the contestants, I wonder does this say something about my brain? More importantly is it a good thing about my brain or am I months away from having the memory of a, oh you know, what they called, those things you poor liquid through? A sieve! Or sv, as I like to call them.
Incidentally, a few series ago I recognised one of the teams as being regulars at our local pub's quiz night, I can indeed confirm they were about as geeky as they looked.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Also been the answer to War, Aids, Cancer, Addiction, Poverty, ill mental health and a world economic disaster.

Not bad considering we only just avoided relegation to the bottom division only 7 years ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here