Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade sacked by Charlton

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Bad week for ex Brighton managers.....

Charlton Athletic manager Russell Slade has left after less than six months in the job, BBC London understands.

The 56-year-old's departure follows a 3-0 defeat at Swindon on Saturday, only his 16th league game in charge.

Slade is the sixth manager to leave the Addicks since January 2014, although Jose Riga had two spells as boss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another opportunity for the failures like Cotterell and Ince the best appointment for Charlton Ath FC and their supporters, but not the owner, would be Allan Curbishley.again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Salde gone.......

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Shame Colin has a job-him and the Belgoon deserve each other.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just what do the owners want ?

Well, wins obviously. Funny thing though, I thought Russell would be the perfect fit for the job, but the reverse appears to have been true.

All not well behind the scenes as we know, but results really haven't been good, and things desperately need to improve there, both on and off the pitch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Joke owners have turned Charlton into a joke club. Which is a pity, as its a top away trip in a splendid stadium. Its an impossible job, and you can be fairly confident that whoever they bring in now will STILL not even last the rest of the season. I mean, do those mugs running CAFC REALLY think that their current predicament is down to Russell Salde ?

Pathetic. I feel genuinely sorry for their fans. They're a good bunch, and they deserve better than this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here