Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Help required. DVD covers...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Hello.

OK so this is a movie I have out next year. Yeah I know, me, me, me!

This is the movie - www.cage-movie.com

OK so I am genuinely keen to hear which of these two rough DVD/Bluray cover concepts people prefer. I'm stuck. Both quite different but need to know what would pique your interest most.

All feedback welcome! Thanks all x

CAGE poster A4 small.jpg

DVDsmall.jpg

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the second one worked better, the first one gives too much away IMO.

(piqued)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think the second one worked better, the first one gives too much away IMO.

(piqued)

Oddly I like the first for exactly the opposite reason.

I don;t think the second gibes enough away. It could be some sort of weird film about caged animals, or, well, anything in a cage.

The first lets you know a bit of the story line to get your interest. It is also a bit more mainstream in terms of a DVD case, not always the best thing but I would probably watch that one if I were presented with the two covers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't mind the concept of the second one, but the chain and lock look photo-shopped on - IMO like.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I don;t think the second gibes enough away. It could be some sort of weird film about caged animals, or, well, anything in a cage.

The first lets you know a bit of the story line to get your interest. It is also a bit more mainstream in terms of a DVD case, not always the best thing but I would probably watch that one if I were presented with the two covers.

I see you point, but its the sort of cover I'd probably pick up and flip over for a quick squizz on the back, just to get the gist of it.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think a combination of the two would be better for the various reasons stated in support of both. How about just having the arms visibly protruding but the face in complete shadow which depersonalises the image and therefore doesn't give too much away but at the same time keeps the sinister undertone.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk

This

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I prefer the first one, but maybe drop the words 'SEATTLE CALL GIRL'? Just too much information there. Also, not sure how you'd do it, but could the woodenness of the cage somehow be played down (or the chain played up?) The cage in the first one especially looks like it could be kicked down with a couple of, er, kicks. And if you decide to go for the second one, be sure to include the 'Official Selection' garland thing. All in all, an amalgam of the two would be grand.

Good luck with the movie :thumbsup:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
First one - it gives it a sinister human dimension where the second one could just be a locked up farm shed with some chickens ("Come on you Chickens...") inside. In fact, I'd go so far as to reject the second one quite quickly.

However, as another poster says - lose the reference in the quote to 'an unexpected twist'. Its mere presence has made the twist expected now. "I truly chilling thriller... I was completely stunned" is plenty, and actually more interesting.

Not sure that 'Seattle' or 'call girl' are necessary on the front either. Are they vital to the plot?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
First one - it gives it a sinister human dimension where the second one could just be a locked up farm shed with some chickens ("Come on you Chickens...") inside. In fact, I'd go so far as to reject the second one quite quickly.

However, as another poster says - lose the reference in the quote to 'an unexpected twist'. Its mere presence has made the twist expected now. "I truly chilling thriller... I was completely stunned" is plenty, and actually more interesting.

Not sure that 'Seattle' or 'call girl' are necessary on the front either. Are they vital to the plot?

Great stuff - and COYC ref!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Plenty of highly talented graphic designers on here who I'm sure could assist you in coming up with the killer cover with a fresh pair of third-party eyes. For starters, I'm sure [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] could point you in the right direction...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here