Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working in an Office Where no one Bitches...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
...about fellow colleagues. Has anyone ever experienced this rare phenomena, or is it just a fundamental part of the human condition to do it?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're lucky if you find such a place. Luckily I no longer work in offices but out of the places I've worked they are the only ones I've experienced bitching and backstabbing in.

Last edited:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Bitching free offices do occur although you are lucky if you are in that situation. Don't think you can particularly blame women.

One thing I have noticed. If there is at least one total bell end, then there will be bitching

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I once worked in an office where I was working with 3 people who I genuinely got on with and no one bitched and we all just got on with it. I wish I had never left that firm.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
...about fellow colleagues. Has anyone ever experienced this rare phenomena, or is it just a fundamental part of the human condition to do it?

I think it's part of the human condition. I work with some absolute time wasters, it's very difficult on a minute by minute basis not to call them out on their general lack of knowledge and ability.

Instead, I come on NSC to waste some time. Or grab a book and go sit on the John.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I work in an office on my own and I'm ALWAYS bitching :)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm in a fortunate situation of having a lovely crew to work with. I'm the only bitch in the office.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I was very lucky. The office I worked in had no one bitching. Though the manager was a complete slime as was his assistant. Some of the people I worked with thought they were a lot cooler than they really were. The cleaner lady came across as a bit of a simpleton. There was one lady there who was quite attractive but her breathe smelt bad. Another women was a complete minger but you could tell she thought she was attractive. I couldn't stand the bloke who sat next to me. He always asked me to go out with him on a friday night but I hated the way he dressed.

At least none of them bitched though. It made the job a lot more bearable.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's always back stabbing in the office environment.
We have this chap who always says to anyone "alright mate" to any sort of greeting.
Knowing full well that once out of sight, he resorts to a knife throwing act into one's back.
Always good fun to tell this person a rumour, and see how far it goes round the department, knowing that they can't keep their trap shut :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair Bitching is, although annoying for the most part, not that big a deal. You can choose to just not listen or take part in it. People not doing their job is a far more annoying matter in an office.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
To be fair Bitching is, although annoying for the most part, not that big a deal. You can choose to just not listen or take part in it. People not doing their job is a far more annoying matter in an office.

It's a shame there's no way of blocking people in the working environment, say like a thumbs down option.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I once worked in an office where I was working with 3 people who I genuinely got on with and no one bitched and we all just got on with it. I wish I had never left that firm.

I am sorry to let you know, as the "Bell cheeses at work" thread will confirm, if there is no one in the office that you find annoying, you are the one that annoys everyone else.:smile:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If only there was a handy thread on here where you could go to and moan about the office idiot - no, let's call him bell cheese - rather than doing it out loud. :whistle:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Here is a harmonious office!

robots.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's pretty good where I work, they have a policy not to employ wankers and this is seen as far more important than qualifications and experience. It seems to work well!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I worked in a place about 20 years ago that was the best place I've ever worked. Everyone got on with each other, people were eager to get to work and stayed after hours just chatting. We recognised as such too: I remember one person saying "We're never, ever, going to work in a place as good as this today." We were sold by our parent company, all made redundant and my colleague's wise words turned out to be true.

Oh well, at least I worked in a bell-cheese-free zone for a few years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here