Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wonder how Danny Boy.....

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
enjoyed his first real live earth quake.....7.8 magnitude.......not far from wellington ....??? ???

well remembered ! two weeks we've been here ! Have never experienced an earthquake before and it was pretty scary . It woke me up and as it got worse I just froze and stayed in bed . What made it worse was being on the fourth floor of an apartment block . if I wasn't in bed it was shaking so much it would have been hard to stay on your feet . Then some areas were evacuated to high ground and the tsunami warnings went off ! still getting after shocks now

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thought it was 60 miles north of Christchurch?

obviously being an expert on earthquakes you will be astounded to hear that Danny Boy felt it long and hard some 300 km's away.....obviously you are not an expert on earthquakes........probably the scariest experience a bloke from croydon or southwick could ever have....cos they just don't get them there.....hope your ok Danny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
well remembered ! two weeks we've been here ! Have never experienced an earthquake before and it was pretty scary . It woke me up and as it got worse I just froze and stayed in bed . What made it worse was being on the fourth floor of an apartment block . if I wasn't in bed it was shaking so much it would have been hard to stay on your feet . Then some areas were evacuated to high ground and the tsunami warnings went off ! still getting after shocks now

Wow. I'd have been up out of bed and straight under it!

Glad you're ok fella.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was living in London when a heavy tremor hit us from the midlands, about 10 years ago, anyone remember? That was scary enough!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Two things I don't miss about New Zealand the earthquakes and the wannabe ganstas in sleepy little townships. Glad your safe and enjoy the land of the long white, maybe one day I will go back :) Kia kaha

Was living in London when a heavy tremor hit us from the midlands, about 10 years ago, anyone remember? That was scary enough!
I actually remember that, I was speaking to a mate who was living up in the Midlands at the moment it happened. It was no longer than a few seconds (if that) between the shocks.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually remember that, I was speaking to a mate who was living up in the Midlands at the moment it happened. It was no longer than a few seconds (if that) between the shocks.

I thought someone was breaking in to my (fourth floor) flat, I'd just gone to bed. I got up and investigated! Had no idea it was a tremor until I watched the morning news.

I thought someone was breaking in to my (fourth floor) flat, I'd just gone to bed. I got up and investigated! Had no idea it was a tremor until I watched the morning news.
I could swear I saw my bedroom wall move, although it was probably me!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
obviously being an expert on earthquakes you will be astounded to hear that Danny Boy felt it long and hard some 300 km's away.....obviously you are not an expert on earthquakes........probably the scariest experience a bloke from croydon or southwick could ever have....cos they just don't get them there.....hope your ok Danny.

Glad to hear [MENTION=1314]dannyboy[/MENTION] is OK. I see Wellington's been hit with torrential rain and now experiencing flooding. Stay safe.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
it's been an interesting few days ! lovely day today though and should be a good week . cheers for the wishes . bloody stream keeps cutting out though

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here